Im gaining weight seriously HELP

Options
2»

Replies

• imondrugz
    imondrugz Posts: 154
    Options
    What is your calorie goal and are you reaching it?

My calorie goal is 1200 and actually Im always under

Eat your calories. Eat your exercise calories.

Not necessarily lol...
  • andreachgiraldo
    Options
    Btw I ALWAYS feel fool I dont know why thats the reason I dont eat snacks
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Are you doing a ketogenic style diet?

Most likely water weight and the culprit I believe are the fruits.

Fruits have Carbs. 1 gram Carbs holds 4 grams of water weight.

How can it be the carbs when she says she has reduced them?

Weight gain from water retention from carbs only makes sense if she has increased them.

It's hard to judge she said she reduced her Carbs to almost none for 10 days. carbs can = water retention.
    fruits and vegies have Carbs

Of course they're other factors too which might explain things:
    -did she weigh herself at home then at gym? Home scale may not be calibrated.
    -how much water did she drink during her cardio session? Did she pee before steping on the scale?

I get that carbs = water retention, as was noted in my response, but I don't think the fruit and veggies were being considered in the 'no carbs' - at least that is the way I read it so it does not seem like she added them and then gained weight.
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Example: today for breakfast was 1 whole egg and one egg white scramble btw lunch grilled chicken and steamed vegetables for dinner grilled salmon all of them homemade Im not a big fan of salt so. Fruits are sometimes it would be 1/2 cup of pineapple for breakfast for example I know its dangerous but I really need to lose weight I drink a lot of water maybe 8 10 glasses per day so if it is water weight I dont know what to do

Are you tracking your calories? What you ate today is not very many calories at all, in fact I think my lunch had more calories, than your entire day and I watch my carbs. i think if you eat more you may find your body will respond better.
  • andreachgiraldo
    Options
    Feel full**
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,701 Member
    Options
    So I've been cutting my carbs literally no carbs for about 10 days and im not losing any weight actually Im gaining some I dont understand Im working my *kitten* off for this I work out 5 days per week I eat 3 meals eggs fruits for breakfast baked chicken with vegetables I dont understand I work put for an hour and a half per day I run I swim I go to zumba I try to do different things I know cutting all the carbs is not healthy but I have a beach trip in a month and I really need to sher at least ten pounds. My weight was 154 today then I workout (eliptical training) for about an hour then my weight went up to 154.6 somebody help me please I just dont understand Im doing everything right and I always lose weight fast so please help Im desperate
    Newsflash.............the first time you eat any decent amount of carbs..............you're going to gain weight. Carb cutting reduces glycogen in the cells and as soon as you "carb up" then not only will glycogen stores go up, but water retention (needed to help store glycogen in the cells) will increase.
    So that 10lbs you lose, can come back in ONE DAY. Quit focusing on weight and pay more attention on the mirror and how your clothes fit.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    You HAVE to balance your diet better. Cutting out carbs is not only dangerous, but it is counter-productive. Carbs are necessary to create the energy you need for you day and your workouts. Try adding some back in. Also, try to eat 5 meals a day instead to invigorate your metabolism. When you make eggs, try one egg and two egg whites. Also, post workout weights are almost always higher unless you sweat everything out without putting any water back in (again dangerous). I am not certain if you are posting everything you eat in here, but stay at it and you will do well. Make sure you are putting EVERYTHING in here, to include anything you "graze" on throughout the day. For instance, if you walk by a bucket of candy and grab a few and eat them, you have to account for that. Make sense?

You dont need Carbs for energy... my diet is 65% fats, 30% pro, 5% Carbs. I eat about 30g net Carbs a day... Best shape of my life...

Ketones is also a fuel source, but not too many people even know what that is...
    Carbs are a better source of energy. And don't get me started on the breath of people who only do ketogenic diets.

IDEA Fitness member
  • JeffseekingV
    JeffseekingV Posts: 3,165 Member
    Options
    I went on a very low carb diet for awhile. My legs would randomly cramp like a mofo. It was nuts
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    I've done low carb for bodybuilding competitions, but of course it was for a 1 day competition. Other than dieting for a contest, I've always had carbs to maintain my current physique.

IDEA Fitness member
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    What is your calorie goal and are you reaching it?

My calorie goal is 1200 and actually Im always under

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/why-big-caloric-deficits-and-lots-of-activity-can-hurt-fat-loss.html
  • nimbuk
    nimbuk Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    If you're always under the calorie goal then your body is going into starvation mode. Yeah - start with healthy carbs like brown rice, but more importantly, cauliflower, broccoli and all those fabulous vegetables. Increase your calories a little. Also, it sounds like you're becoming dangerously obsessed so please stop worrying so much. Stop using those scales and start using a tape measure instead.

Also - try some basic strength work like push ups, planks and sit ups to get some muscle tone going.
  • Luckldy31
    Luckldy31 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I was gaining weight too on 1200 cals/ day... I was trying to do no carb, until my nutritionist/ RD said that the brain needs 120g of carbs a day to function at full speed... which makes sense because I've been feeling off for a week... so I upped the cals and the carbs, and started losing weight and studying for finals better. :)
  • j6o4
    j6o4 Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    your weight fluctuates throughout the day
  • astronomicals
    astronomicals Posts: 1,537 Member
    Options
    Example: today for breakfast was 1 whole egg and one egg white scramble btw lunch grilled chicken and steamed vegetables for dinner grilled salmon all of them homemade Im not a big fan of salt so. Fruits are sometimes it would be 1/2 cup of pineapple for breakfast for example I know its dangerous but I really need to lose weight I drink a lot of water maybe 8 10 glasses per day so if it is water weight I dont know what to do

Are you tracking your calories? What you ate today is not very many calories at all, in fact I think my lunch had more calories, than your entire day and I watch my carbs. i think if you eat more you may find your body will respond better.

70+30+30+160+30+200=anorexic