Fat burning pills!?

Options
So I've been told by a couple of people now that fat burners are a good thing to use at the start of your diet or accompanied with metabolism boosters. I've been referred to the d-fine-8 fat burners but can't find them anywhere! I was just wondering if it would be healthy to start taking them, if there are any side effects, and also if you have tried them what brand you used and where did you get them from (I'm in Western Australia) also if you have used them, what results did you see and how fast did you see them??? Thanks! Feel free to add me to talk about it more!

Replies

• AbsoluteNG
    AbsoluteNG Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options
    Maybe because there's no such thing? If you want real legit diet pills, you can only get them from a medical doctor.
  • likeabanner
    likeabanner Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    No pills will burn fat. There are pills that boost your heart rate, which in turn helps to metabolize energy quicker, and prevent the creation/storage of fat. There are also pills that help block the absorption of fat by expelling it out of the body (Alli is one of them).

I admit when I go to the gym, I take Xantrex to get me boosted... but it's more like a picker upper. I know it's not burning fat. It just picks up my energy quite a bit. And working 80 hours a week on top of it... it's a good replacement when I can't get a coffee. MANY people get the jitters but I personally don't.
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    if there was a magic pill, everyone would be thin.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    They used to make pills called stackers which was a combination of ephedra, aspirin, and caffeine they worked pretty good for a few people until you dropped dead of a heart attack. If any of these worked we would have no obesity epidemic
  • likeabanner
    likeabanner Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    They used to make pills called stackers which was a combination of ephedra, aspirin, and caffeine they worked pretty good for a few people until you dropped dead of a heart attack. If any of these worked we would have no obesity epidemic
    The sad part is about 10 years ago my mom was on Stacker2 with Ephedra and she lost over 40 pounds, with zero side effects. We laugh about it now, but think back on how bad it could have been, lol.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    The sad part is about 10 years ago my mom was on Stacker2 with Ephedra and she lost over 40 pounds, with zero side effects. We laugh about it now, but think back on how bad it could have been, lol.

Yeah I took them too and still have a bottle they were great legal speed I could stay up for two days and eat maybe one small meal. Hopefully there's no long term heart damage I do know afterwards I have a devil of a time getting my systolic down
  • sewingdiscontent
    Options
    I recommend Alli if you like pooping your pants at work and not even realizing you've pooped them, bc you are ****ting oil and water. Not that this even happened to me...
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,669 Member
    Options
    They should be labeled as "stimulant" pills because that's what's used to give people "energy" and helps them to work out harder. You can lose fat without them IF you want to work for it.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • EmilyEmpowered
    EmilyEmpowered Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    No pills will burn fat. There are pills that boost your heart rate, which in turn helps to metabolize energy quicker, and prevent the creation/storage of fat. There are also pills that help block the absorption of fat by expelling it out of the body (Alli is one of them).

I admit when I go to the gym, I take Xantrex to get me boosted... but it's more like a picker upper. I know it's not burning fat. It just picks up my energy quite a bit. And working 80 hours a week on top of it... it's a good replacement when I can't get a coffee. MANY people get the jitters but I personally don't.

This is me. I occasionally use them because a friend of mine gets me samples from his job. I dont use them daily, sometimes I use coffee or if I just need a LITTLE kick I take the one a day active metabolism, which is like a cup of coffee. I just sometimes like that extra energy. But as far as being a "fat burnr" I dont really expect much. I just like that rush I get, and personally I dont have any adverse side effects like jitters, etc.
  • EmilyEmpowered
    EmilyEmpowered Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    I recommend Alli if you like pooping your pants at work and not even realizing you've pooped them, bc you are ****ting oil and water. Not that this even happened to me...

I started to laugh, then i felt bad for laughing! But a family member had an "accident" at Christmas due to these pills... I always tell people that story when they mentin Alli!