Hula Hooping?

Options
Has anyone done any hula hooping as exercise? Does it work for toning the stomach as well? Just wondering if anyone has had any results from it?

Replies

• hammomh
    hammomh Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I don't know anyone who has done it, but have heard it was supposed to be really good exercise for toning the stomach..

Can imagine it would do good as you are holding in your core and moving your hips around and keeping good posture.
  • jalara
    jalara Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    I'm just looking into it myself as something fun to do with friends (like a party class or something).
  • LindseyLinea
    LindseyLinea Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I just started doing. I have a weighted hoop that is 2.5 lbs. First day I did 10 minutes. And was pretty sore the next day. I read you are suppose to start out at like 2-5 minutes the first day but I pushed myself. And felt it the next day. Today is my second day of doing it and I did 15 minutes because I was no longer sore. I can feel it in my abs and my legs. I will try and keep you updated on if it is helping. It is fun though. I do it while watching tv.
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    Kelly osbourne reccomends it and said shes done it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • ashtonturnbull
    Options
    I bought a 3lb weighted hula hoop the other day and it only cost me £12.35 from tesco!! only started yesterday and managed over 1000 hoops :-)
  • YorkiepuddingBird
    Options
    I'm hoping to buy a weighted hoop but wondered what you all log it as on the exercise tab? The only hooping on their is for a Wii??