Revelation

Options
So, I had a revelation today. My son was acting silly and taking pictures from my phone and snapped one of me. I looked at the picture and was kind of taken back for a moment. I didn't recognize the person in the picture. I asked my husband if the picture was REALLY what I looked like. He questionly answered yes. I said, “I don't see myself that 'small' when I look in the mirror". He said, "Well that's what you look like".

I have currently lost 45 pounds. I know I have lost weight. I mean, I barely own any clothes now. :laugh: There is not a week that goes by when someone doesn't comment on my weight loss. I am not saying I can't tell that there is a difference, but at the same time I still see the 'old me'. Although I am still over weight, it is nice to finally see yourself in a different light.

I really appreciate all of the encouraging people on this site. It makes my life changes a whole lot easier knowing there are so many others striving towards the same goal.

Good luck to you all, and may God bless each of you in your endeavor to make life-long changes.

Replies

• islandnutshel
    islandnutshel Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Well done. It takes time to see ourselves. So often that experience is reversed. A picture shocks us into seeing how much we've gained. Congratulations on the weight loss, it sounds like you need to enjoy a shopping spree. Have fun.
  • MarriedMama
    Options
    That's AWESOME!!! I can't wait to get there too :happy:
  • lisafrancis629
    Options
    Very motivational message. Thanks for sharing. :flowerforyou:
  • knittygirl52
    knittygirl52 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    It's very hard for us to see ourselves. That's a real common problem with those of us who struggle with weight. Blow that picture up and post it proudly. You have worked hard and you deserve to be proud of your accomplishment.
  • marlenia
    marlenia Posts: 33
    Options
    Thank you all for your kind words. It is so much easer to give a compliment than to receive one!
  • AuntMimi2010
    Options
    Good job! You should be proud. The opposite is what drove me to start losing weight. I don't feel too bad about myself until I look at pictures from now compared to 5 or so years ago. That's when I get depressed about my weight; looking back at the way I used to look and the "extra" I have on me now. I can't wait to have the same experience as you and actually feel good again about myself when I look at pictures.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!