Green tea=water weight loss

Options
kizzes12
kizzes12 Posts: 41 Member
I lost a lot of water weight drinking green tea :smile: with a squeeze of citrus..worth a try:) The amount I drink is 2 green tea bags for quart of water. Drink this quart throughout the period of the day if you can. What you will first notice is that you have to urinate what seems a lot extra for the amount of green tea you're taking in. What green tea does is help push out retained water. You won't start losing weight right away. After a couple of weeks of this process and having to go to the bathroom a lot, you'll begin to see the weight loss. Also, the need to urinate so frequently tapers off and goes back to normal. Like I said after a couple of weeks, I dropped 5 pounds and hadn't changed anything. What happens is that water retention interferes with weight loss. Meaning, it seems that people who have an extra hard time losing weight (I never had a hard time with weight) also seem likely to retain water. If the body has a hard time releasing water, it also has a hard time pushing fat metabolism. And so green tea pushes the process with the water first. :smile: share your experience about the positive effects of green tea:)

Replies

• aFootballLife25
    aFootballLife25 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Green tea is good stuff from what I've read. I use it. I just take green tea extract pills, much easier lol.
  • talamer
    talamer Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! I wish I like drinking green tea!

the problem that I don't like it! maybe it is time to give it a try again!

the problem that I can't drink a tea without sugar! >.<"
  • jenniferarnold1960
    Options
    I am also going to try the green tea, thanks for sharing with us.
  • chooriyah
    chooriyah Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    i love green tea. especially green tea with mint. no sugar. a little caffeine boost but calming and refreshing. if it's good for me too, all the better.

i did see this infographic (http://www.informationisbeautiful.net/play/snake-oil-supplements/) which rated a bunch of homeopathic and supplement type things according to whether there was any science behind their claims. green tea rates pretty well for cholesterol, conflicting for cancer.
  • SutapaMukherji
    SutapaMukherji Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! :flowerforyou:

I wish I liked drinking green tea!

the problem that I don't like it!

Maybe it is time to give it a try again!

:smile:
  • abhi20
    abhi20 Posts: 1
    Options
    I lost a lot of water weight drinking green tea :smile: with a squeeze of citrus..worth a try:) The amount I drink is 2 green tea bags for quart of water. Drink this quart throughout the period of the day if you can. What you will first notice is that you have to urinate what seems a lot extra for the amount of green tea you're taking in. What green tea does is help push out retained water. You won't start losing weight right away. After a couple of weeks of this process and having to go to the bathroom a lot, you'll begin to see the weight loss. Also, the need to urinate so frequently tapers off and goes back to normal. Like I said after a couple of weeks, I dropped 5 pounds and hadn't changed anything. What happens is that water retention interferes with weight loss. Meaning, it seems that people who have an extra hard time losing weight (I never had a hard time with weight) also seem likely to retain water. If the body has a hard time releasing water, it also has a hard time pushing fat metabolism. And so green tea pushes the process with the water first. :smile: share your experience about the positive effects of green tea:)

Going to give it a try :) Does one have to drink it hot?
  • davemanton123
    davemanton123 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thats just reminded me that I have some in the cupboard, Thanks :drinker:
  • janey2607
    janey2607 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I am learning to love it, I prefer mine to go cool and then drink it as opposed to a hot drink
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    I love green tea and I sip at it most of the day but I can't say its helped my weight loss :(
    oh well c'est la vie, guess it doesn't work for everybody :-D
  • littlelaura
    littlelaura Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    I love green tea, and any other tea, hot or iced its great!
  • kizzes12
    Options
    Hi its really worth a try put a squeeze of lemon and honey as a substitute for sugar:)
  • kizzes12
    Options
    i drink it hot ..helps with digestion too.. try lipton brand or twinings:smile:
  • oneredwytch
    oneredwytch Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am a good candidate for trying the water loss part out as I do tend to hold on to it. Don't care for green tea hot but have found I like it as sun tea. I'll make it fresh daily in a quart glass jar and add citrus after brewing. Thanks for the suggestion!
  • Adwerd
    Adwerd Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Congrats dear, I am totally agree with you. But if you think that just green tea is enough. Then you are wrong totally. You should have to take a proper diet always and must do some exercise daily. Anyway i would like thanks to you that you share this post here with us.
  • mikajao
    mikajao Posts: 30
    Options
    Good to know!
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Green tea has a lot of benefits, including antioxidants and boosting metabolism.
  • LeahT84
    LeahT84 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! I wish I like drinking green tea!

the problem that I don't like it! maybe it is time to give it a try again!

the problem that I can't drink a tea without sugar! >.<"

Use honey or mint or both. You can also put fruit in it to sweeten and flavor it.
  • mareeee1234
    mareeee1234 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I have about 7 Green Teas a day... not sure if its affected weight/fat loss though? Haha
  • frenchfacey
    frenchfacey Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    i drink 2 liters a day

over board i know but im stuck at my desk for 11 hours today and having a liter of iced tea gets me through.
  • Sdgarcia86
    Options
    Green Tea helps regulate healthy midi-chlorian levels.