How often do you

Options
Tiffyholli
Tiffyholli Posts: 92 Member
How often do you see your significant other? This is for couples who don't live together .. Every day, once a week, three times a week?

Replies

• kimmie185
    kimmie185 Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    When we did not live together we saw each other at least 3+ times a week.
    I think my cooking kept bringing him back. lol :smile:
  • nzs110b
    nzs110b Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    When we were in a long distance relationship it was every weekend, we lived an hour and half apart. When we were 6 hrs apart it was several times a month to once a month or less.
  • _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    too often.
  • xvxCelticWandererxvx
    xvxCelticWandererxvx Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    Once in 18 months, then after that 5 months. Long distance was rough!!
  • Tiffyholli
    Tiffyholli Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    too often.

How many is too often & do you tell them if that's how you feel?
  • missybct
    missybct Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Ours is skewered massively. We've been together 18 months. First six months we saw each other about 3 times a week (lived 40 miles apart).

After about six/seven months we moved in together (quickly, I know, but we'd known each other for a while prior) and were happy and nesting and all really sappy stuff. I moved 40 miles away from my hometown.

Just before Xmas, I had a massive mental relapse. I elected to move back in with my Mum to take the pressure off my other half (who didn't really understand mental illness, but is much more understanding now) for a couple of months, except four months later I'm still here with a new diagnosis, new therapy stuff ongoing and other rubbish.

Now we see each other once a week. It's okay because a) I need my space and b) He works really hard and is tired, so I don't want him ferrying around 3 times a week to see me (petrol costs, not to mention the fact we wouldn't have much quality time together). It's not easy - but we talk a lot, and we're pretty secure.
  • redhead1910
    redhead1910 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I saw my boyfriend every day, he only lived about 10 miles away. Now we live together so I still see him everyday :P
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,121 Member
    Options
    too often.

OP, if you are feeling like you are spending too much time together - that should be a huge red flag to you. Just tell him; and then seriously think about why you feel that way.

Neediness from a significant other can lead to controlling behavior.
  • PoopieMonster
    PoopieMonster Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I don't let him out of my sight to poop. I would panic and start to hyperventilate.
  • _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    too often.

Oh, I screwed up and didn't read the stipulations. I'm married and work at a job where I don't travel. She'd laugh at me if I told her that (as she should).
  • nope31
    nope31 Posts: 174
    Options
    Whenever I need a good "pounding"
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    She doesn't visit me anymore.

tumblr_mlcvgdIwrC1s2psr0o1_500.gif
  • fufi04
    fufi04 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Whenever I need a good "pounding"

Lol This ^
  • thejucheidea
    Options
    Before we moved in with each other, we'd see each other 3-4 times a week, but we moved in together after four months of dating, so... yeah.