Options
2»

Replies

• dltaylorii
    dltaylorii Posts: 132
    Options
    Nipple Chafing - A Consciousness Raiser :

http://youtu.be/6dhPlSMnLwQ

This was funny when I originally saw it on tv, and is even more so now with this experience.
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    Karma has found you!!

I'm not a runner, so I don't have anything to go on... are there compression wraps that could work? Maybe a tight undershirt underneath a tshirt?

That photo of the man with the yellow shirt makes me hurt! lol
  • anj1030
    anj1030 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I have male runner friends that vow Vaseline or body glide are what work best. The Vaseline is thicker...and lasts longer from what I am told. LOL...and...it's water repellent...win win.
  • gabbylab
    gabbylab Posts: 146
    Options
    Hey! you may be on to something that REALLY needs to be invented!

kramer_zpse09fa990.gif

:laugh:
  • MsipiGRITS
    MsipiGRITS Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Cutting 6 minutes off your time = FANTASTIC!!!!! You're making me feel like a total slacker here! LOL :laugh:
  • pepperpat64
    pepperpat64 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I have no advice whatsoever to offer on this issue; I just wanted to mention how awesome your profile pic is.
  • dltaylorii
    Options
    I have no advice whatsoever to offer on this issue; I just wanted to mention how awesome your profile pic is.

Thanks. It's taken some work, but I'm almost there. ;)
  • Scudder76
    Scudder76 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Liquid bandage

I've been using Liquid Bandage, and am not too thrilled with it. Protects from the chafe just fine. But it's a PITA to remove, gets stuck in my hair, and does not expand/contract with the ehh... natural flexibility of that particular tissue.

I'm reluctant to going back to bandaids without waxing my chest first. And the lubricants never last as long as my 6-8 hour bike rides.
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Holy cow!! You seem to have everyone's attention....
    yes you are right women do not have this issue as much as men. The tight sports bras prevent the rubbing....however for the marathon I just did I took no chances! Who ever suggested stripper pasties is smart!! ;) They have some that are nude color and thin. They are called pedals....like flower pedals. Those seem to work fine and you could not see them under your shirt. The will peel off without any damage unlike a bandaid.

Sounds like you have increased your milage quite a bit. Body Glide will only help your for so many miles..... You might have to suck it up and buy some pedals. You can find them in any bra department.

I wouldnt tell a soul. ;)

ps: I'm glad you recognized this as karma ;)

If I go with the pasties, I'm going all out tassles and sparkles. I aint scurred.

Pics pls.
  • dltaylorii
    Options
    Pics pls.

Of course.