INSOMNIA??

Options
DOES ANYONE ELES HERE HAVE INSOMNIA ? IVE HAVE IT REALLY BAD , HAVE MY WHOLE LIFE, ANYWAYS IF YOU DO WHAT KINDS OF THINGS HELP YOU FINALLY GET SOME SLEEP ?

Replies

• KaeChelle
    KaeChelle Posts: 576
    Options
    I need some answers on this one too! The times I sleep best is when I just completely wear myself out to the point I can't do anything else... but I don't wanna do that every day! :) I just want to be able to relax and sleep peacefully!
  • loonpine2
    loonpine2 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Insomnia can be caused by many thing... or at least that is what I was told. I use to have so bad, but I work out after dinner now.. and I have a nightly ritual of hot shower, sleepytime tea and I try to read for a bit . Same thing every night... As i let go of all my bad eating habits I also have learned to let go of any worries. I have learned that everything looks different in the morning.. so losing sleep isn't helping matters... You just need to find out what works for you.
  • ChaosInTheFlesh
    Options
    me to ive been up almost a week now and i hate it i have no life cuz im always tired and miss out on time with the family from insomnia and evrything it comes with being sick its definatle takin its toll on me th eonly time i ever sleep is when i just simply fall over from bein so dang tired
  • MericoX
    MericoX Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I used to have wicked back insomnia, and weird sleep patterns where I could only sleep for 4-6 hours a day for months.

Ever since I have started my healthier eating habits it's almost gone away. I also have been exercising til I drop and am exhausted by 10 o'clock I just pass out. LOL.

I have found if I only use my bed for sleeping it helps, no sitting in bed watching tv or using the laptop, bed is only for sleeping. No sugary drinks. Lots of water. Melatonin also helps for me. I'd suggest starting at the smallest, 1mg, and splitting it and see how that works for you. I started out using a 5mg tablet at night (you need about 8-10 hours to clear it from your system) and with only 6 hours of sleep I was a zombie at work the next day.

Hope this helps!
  • MsLisaB
    MsLisaB Posts: 256
    Options
    A few things you could try:

1) Warm cup of milk before bed - may or may not work.
    2) Meditation or relaxation exercises before bed. This will help you unwind from the day and relax your body and mind, which makes it easier to get to sleep. You could even do this in bed and may find you've drifted off to sleep before finishing, without even realising it.
    3) A herbal supplement specifically for insomnia. Speak to you local pharmacist or health food store to get a reputable brand. I wouldn't rely on these as a long term solution but more as something to get your body used to going to getting a good nights sleep.
  • jtsmou
    jtsmou Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Insomnia I do have, since I was very young too.

Try hemi-sync, or some other type of brainwave entrainment / binaural beat. This is about the only thing that works for me when it gets to be too much. I think amazon has some mp3 downloads, but I don't think they have the good ones, not sure.
  • ChaosInTheFlesh
    Options
    thank you all
  • ChaosInTheFlesh
    Options
    jtsmou this really worked for me thank you soo much :P i finally got some sleep