Places to visit in the USA?

Options
Hi everyone!

My boyfriend and I want to book a holiday in the USA for late december/early january but we're considering ditching our initial New York or Florida ideas and maybe going somewhere where we can see a non-touristy side of the country, maybe some quiet nature reserves or friendly towns/cities? I've been to the Grand Canyon and surrounding areas before with my family and ADORED it however this time round I won't have a car so that won't be possible. We will be traveling from the UK and long-haul flights don't bother us! Would anyone be so kind as to suggest somewhere great for us to go? :D (we love the outdoors but cities are more of our thing lately- we'd really be open to anything). Thanks so much!! Hannah

Replies

• celtbell3
    celtbell3 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    If you're flying in and won't have transportation, it will be hard to get to the non touristy spots. Unfortunately. My suggestion would be Colorado Springs- it is absolutely gorgeous. You can take cabs / shuttles to many different places.
  • seqndluvnun
    Options
    Second Colorado Springs! Or even Denver...
  • TheBeerRunner
    TheBeerRunner Posts: 2,777 Member
    Options
    Seattle. Incredible city, beautiful views and overall one of the best places I've visited.
  • Buddhasmiracle
    Buddhasmiracle Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    In the southeast along the coast --Charleston SC and Savannah, Ga.. Plenty of ways to get around the cities on foot, bike, etc, but w/o a rental car it is difficult to travel from one place to another in the states.

In the southwest --Sante Fe, Taos New Mexico.
  • MFPRat
    MFPRat Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Portland, OR
    Washington DC
  • graves2102
    graves2102 Posts: 38
    Options
    These all sound so amazing, thanks everyone! I am going to research every single of these now. Much appreciated xxx
  • gerard54
    gerard54 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    Arkansas, go to the hot springs...