I understand that you're supposed to eat your exercise calor

Options
Hello. I understand that you're supposed to eat your exercise calories as you do not want to put your body in starvation mode, but what if you have 600 calories left and you're honestly not hungry? How does this affect your metabolism/weight loss?

Thank you for reading, and I apologize if my question makes no sense.

Replies

• sbear867
    sbear867 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I totally understand where you are coming from. I just use the tools on this site as a guide. Don't stress too much if you don't get all your excerise calories back in with food.
  • raymj61
    raymj61 Posts: 142
    Options
    Personally, I don't make it a point to eat all of my exercise calories. You're right, this site does encourage you to eat them and I'm sure the reason for this is sound but, I leave a cushion in case I undercounted my calories in or over counted my calories burned. I do dig into them when my body is telling me to however.
  • lordrahvin
    lordrahvin Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Mostly it just means your excessive might not be as efficient as it otherwise could be. So long as you're not feeling fatigued during the day, you should be fine... but you could get better results in regards to muscle growth by staying in balance, and muscle is what burns fat ... depending on what you eat, of course.

The 600 calories under... are you talking about once in awhile or every day?
  • ninadreamsBIG
    Options
    Once in a while.
  • 4KidFather
    4KidFather Posts: 134
    Options
    Excellent question
    I agree with lordrahvin - as long as your energy is good.
    Ensure you're getting enough water however. If your stressing your muscles you need to 'flush'. Sometimes stress kills an appetite.
    There are a few of us on this site trying to gain weight - in a good way!
  • carajo
    carajo Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm with everyone else...a couple days i had about 400 cal. remaining...today i was more active and more hungry and i have 36 cals remaining! I think whatever your body is telling you is the way to go! Also i was sure i ate my exercise calories in fruit, yogurt, and chicken...not chocolate ;) Good Luck!
  • kirbygal
    kirbygal Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank You for asking that, I have been wondering the same thing.