After Insanity??

Options
katieuk
katieuk Posts: 304 Member
Hi All,

I am on day 46 of Insanity so as those of you have done it know I don't have long left until its all over.

I go on holiday for a week on the 29th June and when I return I want to be ready to start a new challenge - but which I don't know?

I was wondering whether to do Insanity all over again... because it is one that you can always improve on, or to buy a new challenge?

Any thoughts would be appreciated

Replies

• mreeves261
    mreeves261 Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    I finished the end of April. I took 2 weeks for me knees to recover and to do some research on what to do next. I've always loved cycling. One day while reading a post about cycling on another site Triathlons were brought up. I started thinking... So now I am working towards attempting a Triathlon in my area held on Sept 15. At the moment I am doing C25K Su, Tu, Th, cycling M, W, Sa, Stronglifts 5x5 M, W, F.

I have yet to start on my swimming because the water here isn't quite warm enough yet and I can't afford a gym membership to get access to a pool. Also I am still struggling a bit with my C25K. I just quit smoking a month and a half ago so I'm sure it's going to take some time for my lungs to adjust to being clear.

Whatever you decide just make sure it's fun for you!
  • PBsMommy
    PBsMommy Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    There is a soooo many options... If you wanna stick with beach body, a lot of people on my friends list love Chalean Extreme and TurboFire. You also have the Insanity Asylum. I also have friends that have done the TurboJam and Hip Hop Abs and the Brazilian Butt Lift one.

I never really got into the beach body products, because of the price, but there is a cheap 90 Day program that has a bunch of DVD's you switch out from day to day, Supreme 90. I loved all of it, but the DVD with the ball. I know you can buy it on Wal-mart.com over here in the states.

Also, on YouTube's BeFit channel, there is a BeFit in 90 workout, if you don't mind using your computer or have the cord that connects your computer to your TV.

If you are wanting to change from DVD's to weightlifting, Stronglifts has an app for iPhones or you could get the New Rules of Lifting for Women book.
  • daphnemoon
    daphnemoon Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I finished Insanity in March this year, and am now on day 8 of Asylum: I LOVE IT!

It has a very different feel to Insanity which you may or may not like; it is challenging but in a different way, the agility ladder is so much fun, though you will have a love/hate relationship with it! I actually look forward to each and every workout, which I didn't exactly do with Insanity, and though it does have a different atmosphere and focus, it does develop some moves (eg. one leg power jumps) so you will really feel like you are progressing and building on what you have achieved with Insanity.
  • katieuk
    katieuk Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Thanks so far guys!!

The only problem with BB products if the cost - I think if I was to buy another one the next one with be one of the Chalean systems I have heard such good things!! I know I have done insanity (nearly) but from the trailer I am just not sure I could do the Asylum - although this would be the sensible move forward :-/

The States do have so many better workouts over there that cannot be played on the Region 2 DVD players we have here, so unless we have a multi region DVD player they don't work - BOOOOO HISSSSSS!!!

I already do a couple of the BeFit Youtube workouts at the moment alongside Insanity - I am doing the 30 day ab workout and the 30 day butt workout because they are like only 10 minutes each per day (so 20 mins in total alongside 60mins of Insanity - perfect)!!

I might do the 90 day programme - good idea!!