Binge

Options
I am out of control!! I can't stop the cycle of binge eating.. I do really well I loose a lb or two and then I say of well I weigh less today. Uhg I lost it after the first baby now I want to loose it again after my second!! Any good advice or encouragement???I know my husband is getting tired of hearing " why did I eat that tonight??".

Replies

• jessicajoy87
    Options
    I am going through the same thing. I have a binge eating disorder and sounds like you might too. I am still trying to find a way to help me. Sorry I can't really give you advice but I am in the same boat. I bought me an over eaters annonymous book that goes through the 12 steps like AA.
  • nanianela
    Options
    I'm at the point now where I am thinking I might need some professional help .... it feels HORRIBLE to say it out loud (or type it rather) but it's the fact of the matter. I just simply can not do it on my own.
  • CharleneM
    CharleneM Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I am a binger too, so I started spending some serious time in the kitchen every fews days preparing food. I cut up tons of watermellon and put it in individual containers. I wash tons of grapes and put them in single serving bags and so on. I don't buy sweets anymore. I buy 100 calorie bars and 100 calorie snack bags. I have all of that ready to go so when I open that frig...I grab fruit that is all ready to go instead of something bad. Sometimes I am in the kitchen for hours getting stuff ready, but it pays off let me tell you...GOOD LUCK! Hope that helps!
  • nanianela
    Options
    It's refreshing to see that there are so many people with the SAME issue and who all have different ways of dealing with it and trying to improve it.
  • CharleneM
    CharleneM Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    See~~~all this talk of food.. now I am eating again....however~~~~it is already prepared yummy sweet low calorie watermellon..
    :tongue:
  • rebel14
    rebel14 Posts: 33
    Options
    I wouldnt say your out of control, it just isnt an easy endeavour, it takes so much will power to stay on top of things . Everyone of us on here are walkign the same path as you, only minor personal differences here and there.But Im sure youve got that little extra in you to see this through. I agree with CharleneM and her sage advice, being that Ive talked with numerous people feeling the same way and Ive come to the conclusion that one must prepare an assortment of food choices. When we dont have options handy thats when we tend to grab the "convienent" snack or the unhealthy choice. I know it might seem like alot of work, but youll find a way to reward yourself after your diligence ,the realization of the time gone by and how you did it !!!!!
    YOU CAN DO IT !!!!!
  • tlapdx72
    tlapdx72 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    there is such a thing as binge eating disorder. I have it. It is not about not having will power. If you feel that you may have this I would recommend that you speak with your doctor. Your doctor can help you figure out your best way to deal with this. Binge eating disorder is a very difficult thing to deal with. I totally understand.
  • Neba1976
    Options
    Drink more water, Water will fill you up and theirin control the urge of hunger.
  • hadassah86
    hadassah86 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. All good advice. I know I can do it. I have done it before. lol. I don't think I can drink any more water. I have always been a huge water drinker. Too much if thats possible :-)
  • fxst78
    fxst78 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    It is all about blood sugar levels. You binge on sugary foods and your blood sugar spikes, then when it drops down below healthy levels you body tells you to eat lots of the things that put you blood sugar high, thus you eat more junk and so the cycle continues.

So the solution is to control your blood sugar levels. This means eating low GI foods, good proteins, lots of fibre and cutting out all the high sugar high starchy carbs and saturated fats.

Do this for a week and your cravings will dissapear. When it happens you will be amazed! I was just offered cake at work (girls birthday) and actually said no because I didn't want any not because I knew i shouldn't.

You need to also make sure you are never too hungry . Hunger results in poor food choices. Do this by eating more often and snacking on low GI high protein unprocessed foods.