Just starting but it hurts

Options
I just started MFP and I thought I would just sign up to check food calories and so on. Once I found out the truth about what I eat oh my, I knew it was bad but come on deadly! So now moving on to exercise it hurts and we are talking small baby steps, like walking for 15 min. and a few lite weight arm curls. Hardly nothing, but in retro-spect, I sit alot, drive to where I need to be and go back to sitting and eating. So walking tonight my head was heavy, spinny, and heart rate way up. I can't believe how out of shape I've gotten in the past 7 years. I feel hung over but not from drugs or alchohol, but from FOOD. Must push myself for more walks, I need someone to come and walk me!! LOL!!!!

Replies

• hopfroggyfrog
    Options
    You can do it! I think you're doing the right thing, easing yourself into it. Just change the 15 minute walks into 20 minute walks, increase by 5 minutes a week or something like that. Turn those few arm curls into 10, then 15. Small goals are way easier to reach!
  • xarrium
    xarrium Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Baby steps--you got it! When I started actually using this site, I also started a training program... I couldn't run for a minute without being completely winded, and I've worked my way up to much longer... it's taken some time, but looking back I'm glad I stuck with the program. Hang in there and you'll see results!
  • kara2
    kara2 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Don't give up. I promise it will get easier. Try parking further away when you go to the store or go to work. The important thing is to do something everyday. The month before I got serious about changing my life I just watched what I ate. I tried to incoporate healthier foods like fruits and veggies and then because I was eating healthier then I had more energy to try excercising. You can do this. I believe in you.
  • AlekiaH
    AlekiaH Posts: 15
    Options
    No worries I'll just keep on keepin on! Some day I'll look back on this post and say wow, I know this too shall pass.
    Some day I'll be posting in the success section!

Way to GO!!!!
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    I just started MFP and I thought I would just sign up to check food calories and so on. Once I found out the truth about what I eat oh my, I knew it was bad but come on deadly! So now moving on to exercise it hurts and we are talking small baby steps, like walking for 15 min. and a few lite weight arm curls. Hardly nothing, but in retro-spect, I sit alot, drive to where I need to be and go back to sitting and eating. So walking tonight my head was heavy, spinny, and heart rate way up. I can't believe how out of shape I've gotten in the past 7 years. I feel hung over but not from drugs or alchohol, but from FOOD. Must push myself for more walks, I need someone to come and walk me!! LOL!!!!

:laugh:

WTG on taking positive measures there!

Walking's great for exercise, you will make the walk longer and longer in no time.

It doesn't take very long to get reasonably fit if you persevere, everytime you go for a walk you are that little fitter than the previous time. Don't give up :wink: :flowerforyou:
  • Joyjmb
    Joyjmb Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Wear that pedometer! I thought I was totally sedentary at work, but it turns out on busy days, I'm logging almost 2400 steps in the office! It was a boost! What if you find out that running those tedious errands just netted you 1500 steps~!?