pre planning your meals

Options
Do you and are you more succesful if you pre-plan your meals?

Replies

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I do and sometimes I don't. For me, the only difference in success has been that I use up more of my veggies before they go bad if I stick to a plan. My weight loss doesn't seem to care much.
  • suunflower
    suunflower Posts: 36
    Options
    I like to have a general idea just so I get a good balance of all the right nutrients throughout the day :)
  • geekette411
    geekette411 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I plan all meals in advance. Then I know what I can look forward too.
  • SidsMom80
    SidsMom80 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    For me, pre planning is the only way to go for now. I just really starting working towards a healthier fit lifestyle about 2 weeks ago. Every week I plan my breakfast, lunch, and dinners before grocery shopping. When I'm done cooking a meal I also immediately separate it out into serving sizes based on the amount in the recipe. This way I know I'm only eating one serving, and I've got the leftovers ready for lunch and dinner the next night. It's just me so one recipe is usually enough for dinner and lunch for 2 -3 days. As far as snacks, I try to preplan, but if I didn't for that day, or I'm just a little more hungry than normal I use the info in the food database to find an appropriate snack that fits into the calories I'm allotted.