New and need advice about healthy carbs

Options
Hi guys!

I joined MFP on Monday after a regular check-up with my doctor (nothing wrong, just the usual discussion about losing weight), and have been trying to figure out what to eat since.

The good news is that my diet was already pretty good. I scratch cook most of my meals, and truly enjoy most fruit, veg and whole grains. I've been entering my food in the log before I eat it, and saw right away I was eating too much fat (buh bye cheese and nuts) and sugar (too much fruit). Those were fairly easy changes to make, though I am missing the lingering feeling of fullness you get from fat.

The problem now is an anti-carb bias from my last diet (low carb, of course). I am running out of fat and protein calories with about half of my carb calories left.

Any suggestions?

Replies

• tubzzy77
    tubzzy77 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Vegetables.
  • annewarre
    annewarre Posts: 3
    Options
    Hmm, I think this is not quite right. I eat a fair amount of vegetables, but the ones high in carbs also tend to be high in sugar. Yesterday, I was 100 carbs short of the goal - eating that many vegetables would have put my sugars way over.

I suspect the answer may be beans or grains. Can anyone share some experience on this?