My mouthgasim salad!! pic included

Options
coco3382458
coco3382458 Posts: 296 Member
yeah thats right, I had a mouthgasam when I ate this salad. It was so damn good I am going to have it again tomorrow night.

Roasted Corn & Tomato Summer Salad with Lemon-Basil Yogurt Dressing

032_zps5cc9892f.jpg

3 cups romaine, chopped
2 cups baby spinach
1 avocado, diced
1.5 cups cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
1 cup sweet corn, fresh or frozen and defrosted
1/2 red onion (optional)
3 tablespoons olive oil
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon dry basil
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
2 eggs, hard-boiled
Lemon Basil Yogurt Dressing

6 ounces (3/4 cup) low-fat Chobani yogurt
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon olive oil
3 tablespoon lemon juice (approximately juice of two lemons)
1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
Makes 2 large salads

Preheat oven to 400°F then heat one tablespoon olive oil in a sauté pan over medium heat. Sauté red onion for several minutes and then remove from heat. In a large bowl, combine tomatoes, onion, and corn along with another tablespoon of olive oil and salt & pepper. Mix well then spread vegetables onto a roasting pan or dish and set aside.

In the same large bowl, combine the rinsed garbanzo beans with one tablespoon olive oil, one teaspoon lemon juice, garlic powder and dried basil. Mix until beans are well coated in the oil and spread onto a second roasting pan.

Place the vegetables and the garbanzo beans in the preheated oven and allow to roast for 20 minutes. *If you prefer your chickpeas extra crunchy, you can roast them for another 10-15 minutes.

While veggies and beans are roasting, prepare the dressing by combining the all of the ingredients listed into a food processor and blend for about a minute or until a liquid texture has formed.
Place the chopped romaine and baby spinach onto two separate plates and top with diced avocado and hard-boiled egg.

Remove veggies and beans from the oven and allow to cool for a few minutes before dividing on top of each salad.
Drizzle the Lemon-Basil yogurt dressing on top and serve!

I have no clue on the nutritional facts and am not sure how to figure it out so if someone has any insight on this I will gladly take it

Replies