low calorie alcoholic beverages?

Options
Hi was just wondering with summer around the corner what alcholic beverages you like that are low calorie and taste good

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    A beer is around 160 calories I think? Easy to fit in.
  • dixielawgirl
    dixielawgirl Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    just a few ideas:

wine
    citrus vodka & soda (not tonic)
    light beer
    vanilla rum & diet coke
    skinny mojitos
  • bwogilvie
    bwogilvie Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    A gin & tonic with 1 shot (1.5 oz.) 80-proof gin, a squeeze of lime juice, and diet tonic water is almost exactly 100 calories. (97 for the gin, according to the USDA database, and a couple for the lime juice.)
  • alicecorsiatto
    alicecorsiatto Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I enjoy a glass of Vodka with a club soda and a squirt of MIO in whatever flavor you like. It is quite a refreshing hot day drink and only calories are from the vodka.
    Also Molson Canadian 67 lime beers are fairly tasty. Can't go too wrong for 67 calories.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Wine is my adult beverage of choice. I also like some of the light beers, especially with citrus fruit slices added. Dark beers are too heavy for hot weather IMO.

I also sometimes make Sangria with diet cranberry juice and chopped fruit (and red wine, of course), and maybe a splash of vodka or spiced rum if I want a higher alcohol content. That is very refreshing on a hot day and about 100 calories per glass.
  • mrmagee3
    mrmagee3 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Scotch.
  • imtrinat
    imtrinat Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Vodka, club soda, and lime is my fave. Throw a slice of cucumber, fruit, etc in there. mmm! Also, white zinfandel with club soda and fruit. double mmm!
  • Jen21878
    Jen21878 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of light beers out now that are less than 100 cals. ex: Mich Ultra - 95 cals.

I like cherry vodka & sodas b/c the soda water has no calls at all!! And it's refreshing!
  • NathanFronk
    NathanFronk Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Grey Goose on the rocks with a lime.

During summer memosas and vodka-orange juices seem popular. But orange juice is very high in calories and sugar. If you drink either of these beverages use water with a splash of OJ (or half water half OJ at most).
  • chadraeder3
    chadraeder3 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I like absinthe drinks, normally 1 sugar cube some absinthe and water that is all you need it is a show jut to watch it being made and you drink it slow savor the herbal taste the licorice smell.

Not a ton of bars have absinthe then I will have a Bacardi and coke. I will go for quality over quantity now.

Alcohol is about as calorie dense nutritionally light as you can get but life without pleasures is not worth living moderation is a key.
  • pjp1125
    pjp1125 Posts: 313
    Options
    While I am not a huge fan- Corona lights are under 100 calories per, and with lime they make a passable summer drink.
  • sunshinesquared
    sunshinesquared Posts: 2,733 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of light beers out now that are less than 100 cals. ex: Mich Ultra - 95 cals.

^^This!
  • blondageh
    blondageh Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    I drink Bud Select 55 - 55 calories each. HOWEVER, they are pretty much just water so I don't feel any sort of happy unless I down 6-7 and then it is kind of negating the whole low calorie drink thing.
  • ashleybreanna13
    ashleybreanna13 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Coors Light is 102 calories. Not bad!
    otherwise I would try Mimosa lite with lo-calorie fruit juice
    mmmm summer :)
  • JillKad
    JillKad Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Miller Lite is only 97 Calories per 12 oz. bottle. Also, Summer Shandy by leinenkugel's is only 130 calories per 12 oz. bottle (opposed to the Bud Light Lime-a-rita's that are about 330 cals)

Im a HUGE fan of Vodka Soda Waters with a lemon and lime, or look up recipes for skinny maragaritas. I had one at Rojo that was only 97 calories!
  • Bekahmardis
    Bekahmardis Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Guinness is about the lowest calorie "full bodied" beer you can get....I LOVE my Guinness! :)
  • Lochlyn_D
    Lochlyn_D Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    SkinnyGirl had vodka and other stuff. SkinnyGrape has wines. 80cal a glass
  • fizzfizz
    fizzfizz Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Gin and slimline tonic - 56 cals
    White wine small (125 ml) glass - 90 cals

Am enjoying a fine Sancerre right now - cheers!
  • kkclif
    kkclif Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    bump