I cant stop eating lately

Options
I have no will power lately and I have the summer off. This is going to be a long summer if I don't get myself under control.

I gained about 50 pounds about 4 years ago due to stress and have managed to work half of it off and I really want to get the rest off. I don't feel good about the way I look.

For me, outside of the last four years I have been very good about maintaining weight and was very good at losing baby weight and getting back to normal. So I know how to do it, and what works for my body. I just don't have very good willpower right now. :(

Replies

• sempertracy
    sempertracy Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    It's going to be tough to get back in the routine of things, but it can only get worse with additional weight gain if you don't act now. Write a plan of action and start little to get back into eating right and exercising. You did it before and you can do it now.
  • mikajao
    mikajao Posts: 30
    Options
    Start little, is part of the key too. I always want to start big and overwhelm myself.
  • ToniChansNewLook
    ToniChansNewLook Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    You're not alone. I have crappy self-control myself....

Support from others can really help though. Some advice given to me was that first off, it's not so much will power, than it is habits. Somebody already suggested the habit thing. You really need to train yourself. Ask yourself "Why do I want to eat this?" Really psyche yourself out here. Get to the bottom of it.

Habits can't be turned off in an instant. I wish they could be.... The best thing to do is to ease out of it.... Try doing smaller portions perhaps?

Another thing thta helped was to look at what I'm eating, and see all the junk as just that: Junk! Disgusting trash! I don't wanna eat that! If I must, I'll only take a little...

Dunno if this helps.