Does your SO help or hinder your weight loss goals?

Options
My husband is really tired of hearing about my struggles with eating.
He says I am becoming obsessed with weight. Which I am I suppose. I think my weight is out if control but it really boils down to my eating. Now that I am tracking nutrients and calories it has really opened my eyes to how I have been eating.
So yes I am rather preoccupied with trying to retrain my body to eat different.

He told me to eat less and exercise. Sure it might ultimately be that simple for some, but not for me at this stage in my life.
He made me so upset that I told him "If I wanted to look like you I would eat like you!"

I am trying right now to lead my family into better choices and trying to teach myself to eat right and the right portion.
My husband loves me the way I am but I don't love my self.
I want to join weight watchers to have some accountability and IRL support from people who struggle with the same thing.
I am not fat because I am sedentary. I eat High nutrient dense vegetables every day. This is not a simple problem for me. I wish it was that simple to just move more and eat less. My husband cares his style though just grates.

Rant over- sorry!

So how about everyone else? Do you feel encouraged or what?

Replies

• Lochlyn_D
    Lochlyn_D Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I think I understand where you're coming from.

My hubby can be very supportive at times and then other times he will act like he is sick of hearing about it. He is also insecure that I will get thin and leave him for someone more attractive, which is what his ex did.

He often says things like "you just need to exercise more" or "it's not about food".

I just smile and agree with him. Sometimes I tease him and call him Doctor Husband. That ticks him off.
  • jrossmenelli
    Options
    My wife and I are going trough this weight loss process together. We both realized that we need to lower our weight, eat healthier and generally just have a healthier lifestyle. So she has always been very supportive. There are days when I just want to eat a huge bowl of ice cream or not go to the gym and she is so encouraging and motivating. It's been really great and I think the main reason I've been able to stick with is for as long as I have. I normally start a diet and give up after a week. I feel like we've been able to grow as a couple though this process. I'm blessed.

I'm really sorry that you don't feel like your husband is as supportive as he could be or as you want/need him to be. Have you talked honestly about this with him? Maybe he doesn't realize what he's doing or how what he says or doesn't say effects you?

You've always got support here!!