Changing my intake? Am I doing this right?

Options
I haven't been having the best results lately and from a lot of advice I have heard that I am not eating enough and my macros may be a bit off. I also got some unwarranted advice like I should stop eating bread and diary (not happening lol!) Anyway, I went by TDEE -20% at sedentary which is 1450 for me (basically my BMR) and then I will eat back most of my exercise calories never to exceed about 1850 cals/day. I also set my macros to 45/25/30. Please let me know if these are good numbers for me. I was netting 1200 cals (sometimes less) before. And more carbs and not enough protein. Thanks in advance for any advice! I am 5'6" have a desk job and weigh 153 lbs. I am trying to lose about 18 lbs to get to 135. I work out everyday about 60-90 mins. Thanks!

Replies

• arains89
    arains89 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    bump
  • arains89
    Options
    Bmp again. My diary is open. Advice would be very welcome. I do not know much about nutrition.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Everything looks good to me. Just be prepared for a little water weight increase as you up your calories. You'll want to wait a few weeks before deciding whether or not this plan is working.
  • rassha01
    rassha01 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I took a quick peek at your diary and the sodium seems a little high. Just my opinion tho :smile:

Good luck!!
  • DeeDiddyGee
    DeeDiddyGee Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    When you get the number from TDEE-20%, that is the number of calories you should eat in a day. You don't eat back your exercise calories.
  • indiechickuk
    indiechickuk Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    yep - looks like you're doing it right, just stick with it and be patient!
  • indiechickuk
    indiechickuk Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    When you get the number from TDEE-20%, that is the number of calories you should eat in a day. You don't eat back your exercise calories.

this is true, but as she's calculated TDEE based on sedentary, and is actually exercising daily, 1850 is still about the right level. The correct approach would be to calculate TDEE based on moderate activity, then -20%, but the numbers are pretty much the same.
  • Just_Scott
    Just_Scott Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    looking at diary sending you a message.
  • Doodlewhopper
    Doodlewhopper Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options

I disagree. You should eat back exercise calories, especially so if TDEE is calculated on being sedentary.
  • arains89
    Options
    Thanks guys! Sometimes I feel like maybe I am making this more complicated then it is..