Diabetic help, please.

Options
I woke up with a 43 blood sugar at 3:00 this morning. I treated it with four sugar pills and then drank an instant breakfast. This is the second low I have had in the middle of the night in the last two weeks. I see my doctor tomorrow morning to have my insulin amount adjusted. My question is where on my food diary do I put the food I ate in the middle of the night to bring up my blood sugar. :flowerforyou:

Replies

• shaleyn
    shaleyn Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Personally I run my diary from midnight to midnight. So I would put something at 3am under today's snacks, most likely.
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,550 Member
    Options
    I would just add it to breakfast as sugar.

To address the issue, do you eat regularly (every 2-3 hours) and avoid processed foods/simple sugars? I crash if I go too long without eating, so maybe you need to have a small snack right before bed to help keep your insulin level throughout the night? Maybe a piece of fruit or cheese, or a handful of almonds. I'm sure your doctor has the best advice, just offering my experience :flowerforyou:
  • LindaLou1397
    LindaLou1397 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I do eat every two to three hours and have a snack before bed. I think with the weight loss and added exercise I am taking to much insulin so I am due to have the amount I am taking cut back. The doctor has changed it twice already so I guess I am on the right track, I know she is really happy with my results. :happy: