;) Looking for some delicious s-

Options
SMOOTHIE RECIPES!

I've just gone out and bought myself a blender to (hopefully) whip up some really good and nutritious smoothies. Now being a smoothie noob I call on anyone with some awesome recipe to help me get started, open to all kinds of recipes but the less dairy the better. THANKS PALS.

Note: I'm more focus on the nutritional benefit side of things BUT if it tastes good JACKPOT.

Replies

• Fjcookie
    Fjcookie Posts: 48
    Options
    1/2 cup fresh spinach
    1/2 cup fresh Kale
    1/2 cup frozen mixed berries
    1/4 cup Aloe Vera juice (may add more or less depending on the consistency)
    1 tbsp flax seeds
  • Fjcookie
    Fjcookie Posts: 48
    Options
    Oh, some people can't stand the taste of kale in smoothies, but I think it offers a nice fresh taste.
  • scribe68
    scribe68 Posts: 4
    Options
    This isn't a smoothie but it's my favorite new thing, a variation on a high cal childhood favorite.

Kraft - Cool Whip--Fat Free Whipped Topping Jkb, 5 TBSP
    Jell-O - Sugar Free/Fat Free Instant Pudding (Mix Only) - Pistachio, 1 container (4 tbsp ea.) I've used cream cheese pudding too, no fat and sugar free
    Dole - Crushed Pineapple-No Sugar Added, 100% Pineapple Juice, 1 cup
    Del Monte - Mandarin Oranges Packed In Water, No Sugar Added , 1.75 cup

dump all ingredients in a bowl (with juice included) and mix with a spoon. Chill for until firm and cold. There calories below are based on 2 servings but lately I've been making it into 4 servings. Per serving at 4) it's just 87 calories each. And I bet you could dump it all in a blender and it would be delicious!

Total: 348 Per Serving: 174 (based on 2 servings)
  • nvpixie
    nvpixie Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Bumping to see if anyone else has some good recipes.

I want to try some that my kids will like as well.
  • cindi0856
    cindi0856 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi Lana, I just recently picked up a NutriBullet to make smoothies.... and for nutrition, they recommend 1/2 greens, like spinach or kale or spring mix and 1/2 fruits and then some sort of protein like nuts. Very nutritious, low in calories and if you add the right fruits, you can't taste the greens. Although they say 'the more bitter, the better' I myself haven't gotten to that point yet. lol
    In order for me to drink it, it has to be yummy also! My favorite so far is, 2 cups of baby spinach, a green apple, a cup of frozen raspberries, silken tofu or a banana. Good luck with finding one that you love!
    :flowerforyou:
  • lanajaymurphy
    Options
    These are GREAT tips guys, not having done it but i think something along the lines of

broccoli
    apple
    kiwi
    spinach
    carrot

would be semi easily swallowed.

apple
    orange
    celery
    carrot
    wee bit of ginger

is tried and tested, I LOVE IT but thats my personal taste.