Stuck in a rut!

Options
Tink_70
Tink_70 Posts: 4 Member
My name is Tina. I live in Florida. I have to lose at least 50 pounds in order to get a heart valve repaired or replaced. I have lost 23 pounds from April 1 2013 to May 1 2013. I am gaining back 5 pounds and then losing the same 5 pounds. I walk at least 5 miles a day, no sugar, no bread, rice, dairy etc. Mainly lean pork or chicken and vege's. One hard boiled egg for breakfast and black coffee. Water is the only thing I drink. I REALLY need some tips to get the rest of this weight back. I have a before and after photo but have no clue how to post it on here. Any advice would be welcomed.
:smile:

Replies

• LassoOfTruth
    LassoOfTruth Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Maybe mix up the routine. Keep walking every day, but add something else to it? Any way you can get to a pool, maybe swimming some laps will shake things up. Or, look on Youtube the Fitness Blender videos... they are really good.
  • YesIAmMegan
    Options
    You're so close!!! Like needtolose115 said, mix it up! If you have any access to a pool- GO! I understand being embarrassed about your body if that's the case, because I am in the same boat, but you have to think of what you are doing it for! Bettering yourself. In more than one way. Have you looked into other diets like the one you are doing? If you like grapefruit, it's a great thing to eat for breakfast.. no sugar or anything. Also, if you are at a stand still with weight, lower your calorie goal for the day. My dietician put me on a 1200 goal and so far so good!

Also, lean protiens and water are your best friends, but it looks like you have that figured out! :)
  • kkclif
    kkclif Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Maybe mix up the routine. Keep walking every day, but add something else to it? Any way you can get to a pool, maybe swimming some laps will shake things up. Or, look on Youtube the Fitness Blender videos... they are really good.

I second this. Once your body gets used to a certian routine it adjusts and you can stop seeing results. You might call me crazy for suggesting this but, maybe have a cheat day. You said you don't eat bread or sugar, which is great, but once your body catches on to your "dieting" lifestyle it might stop dropping the weight eventually. Take a day and don't track. The next day, make sure you exercise and get right back on track. I bet you lose weight that week.
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    Hard to tell without seeing your diary. You may not be eating enough and your body has stopped shedding weight...and is instead storing those calories. You say you drink only water, but are you drinking 12-16 cups per day....or only 8? Aim for 16 cups a day and see what happens.

As others have said, mix up your exercise routine AND try to increase the intensity 2 or 3 times per week. A shorter, more intense workout may help you more than slow or moderate steady paced cardio.
  • nannyal
    nannyal Posts: 50
    Options
    How are you surviving on such a strict diet. Well done for your weight loss so far but you can't eat as you are forever.