3 months of no change

Options
I noticed that in the past 3 months I am in the same range of weight (around 146-149 lbs.) At first I thought it was because my metabolism slowed down ever since I started eating 1200 calories a day. I tried sticking to the 1200 calorie diet for a month but no change happened. I stopped tracking my food intake and just eat something light every 2-3 hours to increase my metabolism.

By doing that I lost 2 pounds. It also helped out that I started running every day I don't have a morning class (four days out of the week). So far I ran 15.6 km in June, 31.6 km in May, 26.9 km in April and 22.8 km in March.

That went on for weeks and I can't seem to break the 145 lb line.

Since school ended I've been doing the Nike Training club just to change it up again (that, and I'm getting too tan for my taste). Considering that there are a lot of graduation celebration and end of the year parties I have been attending, I guess it can't be helped that I gained back the measly amount of weight I lost the past few months.

Replies

• kookanddra
    kookanddra Posts: 92
    Options
    Are you still not tracking your calories and food intake?? You may not be eating enough with the workout and running that your doing. Or, your your "light" eating may not be as light as you think. Hard to tell if your not tracking. Just remember that if your working out more than before you may be gaining muscle. Take measurements to see if there is a change.
  • marthareuben
    Options
    I just recently started tracking my food intake but I have no doubt I ate more than my daily allowance the past week. I went to the Boiling Crab and ate a pound of shrimp with some rice and sweet potato fries (I learned that I need to increase my intake of Vitamin A).

But I have noticed that I gained muscle on my legs and thighs. My arms are also wobblier than they used to be. I checked my waist line and noticed that it was smaller now than when I was 149 lbs months ago by 1 cm. (I measure it by cm, I use a mix of metric and English system).

I know that I have more muscle now that before but for months now I have difficulty losing weight, which is what I really want.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    But I have noticed that I gained muscle on my legs and thighs. My arms are also wobblier than they used to be. I checked my waist line and noticed that it was smaller now than when I was 149 lbs months ago by 1 cm. (I measure it by cm, I use a mix of metric and English system).
    nope. didn't gain muscle.
    I know that I have more muscle now that before but for months now I have difficulty losing weight, which is what I really want.
    so you're more focused on the number on a scale versus how you look?

Keep counting your intake. You're probably not eating enough... and no, a week of not tracking isn't going to change that overall. Even if it's shrimp, rice, and sweet potato fries.
  • bonniecarbs
    bonniecarbs Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to figure out what to do to break a 6month stall. I exercise a lot, and do a lot of different things, but can't increase my calories. So I'm stuck for the rest of my life I guess, this is probably my weight. I will still be classified as overweight if I don't break that 12 pounds.
  • alyssabrown94
    Options
    You should look into Intermittent fasting, specifically the fasting blog by Sara Solomon or Leangains.com. Many people find that when they start to plateau, intermittent fasting gives them a shove in the right direction while promoting satiety with bigger meals. Check it out!
  • bonniecarbs
    bonniecarbs Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    intermittent fasting sounds like something that would be doable for me. I shall look it up, how about yo OP?
  • marthareuben
    Options
    It seems interesting. If this is just a short term thing then yeah, I would do it. I'll check it out but I won't get my hopes up.