Soft body fat/skin ?

Options
I haven't had much luck in loosing weight or inches.

but i've noticed my stomach/back feels really soft and flabby, is that a sign of weight loss? or about to loose?

what is going on?

Replies

• sStephSs26
    sStephSs26 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    bump
  • evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    At your highest weight, your skin has stretched "just enough" to cover it all, and your skin/fat feels tight and somewhat firm. As you lose weight, it doesn't have as much to cover, so it gets a little loose and your fat feels softer. So yes, it's a sign of fat loss.
  • joseejolie
    joseejolie Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I literally just posted the same question on my personal timeline. I noticed that the fat especially in the tummy area is very squishy. I was told by a trainer that the fat is loosening up and it's a good sign. Hopefully the skin will recoop. Any further info would be great.
  • CJ_Holmes
    CJ_Holmes Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    I definitely noticed the same thing. I always felt really firm, even with a lot of extra fat. Even losing only 10 pounds, I suddenly felt a lot more jiggly! It tripped me out. It's firming back up, though. :)
  • traumaticthrash
    Options
    Im not sure about this particular topic.. but what i am sure is, if you are consistent with your diet plans, you will get where you want to be. so good luck :)
  • joseejolie
    joseejolie Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Found the answer on Bodybuilding.com

'Basically it stated that hard fat is fat that has not had a lot of blood circulated through it in a while. When you start to excercise the fat will become softer and more jiggly. This is a good thing. Hard fat puts you at in increased risk of a heart attack"

Another:

"THAT'S WHAT HAPPENS.

Like a block of frozen ice on the road during the winter. It's hard, and as time goes by and it gets warmer, it becomes slush. "

Another

"The skin isn't getting "temporarily looser", rather the fat is getting "softer"...that's the process it goes through before it's offically "cut"...

This helped me, hope it helps you.
  • Candyhorse105
    Candyhorse105 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys so much! this makes me so happy to continue dieting. I haven't seen much results (its been 1 month starting back up again) and no lbs lost for me. but my skin is something i've noticed!!

so thank you so much!!!! :D