Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred Results

Options
I'm on day 6 of the 30 day shred and I'm curious as to what kind of results others have seen with this program. I'm still on level 1 for the most part, but I have tried out level 2. It is definitely easier now than when I first started, though I still don't think the ab work is enough. However, at my weigh in today, I only weighed .6 less than I did last Friday. I know I'm gaining muscle and that weighs more, but it is still discouraging. I have been under my calories all week. Is the 30 day shred worth it? Does it really produce the results it promises? Any advice??

Replies

• alisont91
    Options
    I feel exactly the same way! I've only lost 1lb and I've been doing it for a week now. I did go down 2% in my body fat but I'm just not sure if it's worth it. I feel really good when I work out, but I'm not seeing the results. The only advice I can give is stick with it because I know i'm going to. I figure it's better than what I usually do, and that's nothing. Good Luck to you :)
  • Cina04
    Cina04 Posts: 609
    Options
    my friend lost 17 lbs and that is w/o doing the 4th week
  • AmyMooreOrLess
    AmyMooreOrLess Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Stay with it! I'm on day 25 - the results really started to come about two weeks in. And don't worry about the ab work - she will rip them up in level 2 and 3. I had a baby 3 and a half months ago and I can see my near-6 pack. Impressive. Eat the calories recommended for weightloss for you - try not to be under. You've got to fuel your body to get it to work for you.:smile:
  • caroeden
    caroeden Posts: 31
    Options
    Definitely. At lower levels of weight loss like both of you need, it's going to come off slowly. most of jillian's stuff works pretty well if you work it.
  • klococo624
    Options
    Thanks for all the positive words! I'm still trying to lose the baby weight from both my babies - my oldest will be 4 in November, youngest will be 2 in April. I can't wait to have my baby pooch gone and see some abs again! 911girl - you give me hope! Level 1 is definitely easier now than when I first started. Last night I got through the whole thing without stopping and even double timed some of the exercises because it was too easy. Plan on starting level 2 tonight! Good luck to all of you!!
  • AmyMooreOrLess
    AmyMooreOrLess Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Awsome klococo624! Keep it up. Can't wait to hear all about your results at day 30. Good luck.
  • Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    I'm starting 30 day shred after I finish a round of Turbo Fire. I'm really looking forward to it after hearing this.
  • JessikaJ
    JessikaJ Posts: 43
    Options
    I'm on day 20 of the shred right now! Im down about 4lbs.. from 138 to 134ish...

I really wish I would have measured before i started. I didnt measure until day 12 and when i measured last night at day 19 im already down a total of 2 inches (legs, arms and hips)

I definitely think it is worth it! Cant wait to see my final results after 30 days! I feel so much stronger and much more toned!
  • babygirl2010
    Options
    I have lost 18 lbs doing jillian 30 shred combined with her other dvds!!!
  • klococo624
    Options
    I did my first round of level 2 last night! It was definitely time to move up - it was a much more challenging workout! It's such an accomplishment to know that a week and a half ago, I would never have been able to keep up. I got tired just watching the video! Now I can tell I'm stronger and less winded during the workout. Thanks to everybody for the inspiration! Keep it up:smile:

AmandaC - What is turbo fire? I haven't heard of that before?
    Jessica J - Keep up the good work!
    babygirl2010 - Wow! That is amazing!! What otherDVD's did you use? Did you do them at the same time as 30 day shred?
  • misstrish03
    Options
    I'm on day 12 and seeing a bit of a difference. I know I have a lot more energy, and I can see my muscles toning, so I have high hopes for the last half!
  • Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    I have lost 18 lbs doing jillian 30 shred combined with her other dvds!!!

You rock! I have 10 more to get to my original goal but I'll see how I look at that weight....may go for 5 more.
  • pfenixa
    pfenixa Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    If I remember correctly I'm on day 22 of doing 30DS. I did level 1 for 6 days and level 2 for 12 days (cuz level 2 kicks butt, omg!) and I've been working on finishing up. I can't say whether I've lost alot of weight from doing 30DS. I usually only do it 2-3 times a week and the other days I just go running, plus I usually go running after I do 30DS since it's so short. I can say that I've noticed it's effects on my body. I am much more toned than if I had just been running the whole time. My stomach is looking awesome (other than the little pooch that doesn't want to go away on top) and it's crazy when I put my hair up in front of the mirror that I see muscles in my arms! I'm really glad I decided to do the dvd and once I finish with 30DS I plan to move on to her other dvds. I know No More Trouble Zones kicks butt too!
  • vickyajones
    vickyajones Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking about buying this DVD. How much room do I need to do it adequately? I live in a small flat in London so I don't have loads of space. I'm also concerned about my downstairs neighbors but hey, their twins are up at 6 every day they can cope!
  • shendl
    shendl Posts: 1
    Options
    I started this DVD yesterday and good grief, my arms are killing me today! I have no idea how I am going to manage pushups or the weights today, but I know I need to push myself! Reading the other stories on here gives me motivation that it does actually work!