Cheapest Equipment

Options
I have a personal trainer and some days I want to do my workouts at home but need to purchase some basic equipment. I don't want to spend a fortune on any of it but I would like some kettle bells, free weights, steps, balance board, etc. Help. :)

Replies

• michellechawner
    Options
    Big 5 has kettle bells, Target has some hand weights and such.

Walmart? D I C K's sporting goods? Sports Chalet? (I have to spell out D I C K 's that way otherwise the moderators think it's a bad word, saw it on another post and it was all starred out lol.)
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    Either a sandbag kit or a suspension trainer. Also, a jump rope. Amazing tools.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Look for used equipment, let someone else pay the depreciation......
  • dandur
    dandur Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Both of those ^^.

For weights and benches, Craigslist and Kijiji are great.

And I can heartily recommend a sandbag and suspension trainer. Very simple and cheap to make your own.

Sandbag: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7HFGW6tb98

Suspension trainer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhnlAgVZzsk

Just between those two things, there's dozens and dozens of exercises you can do.
  • K_Serz
    K_Serz Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Either a sandbag kit or a suspension trainer. Also, a jump rope. Amazing tools.
    I cant agree more, especially with the jump rope part. Less than $10 on a great jump rope and you can get a FANTASTIC workout.
    Look for used equipment, let someone else pay the depreciation......
    I was on craigslist today checking out kettlebells. HOLY CRAP they are expensive. Even for craigslist.
  • jconnon
    jconnon Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Believe it or not you can get kettlebells pretty reasonable off Ebay. I have bought mine from "newyorkbarbells" They sell other stuff as well.
  • tigers217
    tigers217 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! This really helped :)