Constant bloating

Options
I'm having the problem of constant bloating, I eat really healthy, lots of veggies and my fair share of fiber, I exercise at least 3 times a week, with cardio and strength. I also work a job where I am constantly going. I eat healthy fats and not to much, I don't know what my problem is. I'm always okay in the morning, but it seems as the day progresses, it slowly gets worse. I don't eat a lot of dairy and not a lot of wheat either. Hmmm I feel like this is effecting my weight lose and I always have a lot of pressure in my lower pelvic. It's not my period either, because it happens everyday.

Replies

• foodcart
    foodcart Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I have the same problems and, like you, feel I eat a healthy diet and I do a lot of physical activity. I've tried to cut back on my fiber (I average in the high 50's-60's g everyday) and swapping foods that have more insoluble fiber vs. soluble fiber. I'm also dairy free, but recently learned how to make yogurt from coconut and almond milks and that has made a huge difference for me. (I have been taking probiotics everyday, but for some reason getting them in yogurt has helped more.)
  • freddi11e
    freddi11e Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    bump. story of my life. are you drinking enough water? dehydration retains water. mine's bc i chew a lot of gum i think.. and use spleda lol... and i eat a lot of fiber... but in the morning my bloat goes down... only until i eat breakfast tho
  • heathermcclellan
    Options
    I'm sure you've already explored this but could you be constipated? I was having the same problem and was actually sent in for an upper GI and barium swallow test. What they found was too much stool stuck in my lower intestine. Hope this isn't too much TMI, but there it is.
  • taraplecas
    Options
    I think that I am constipated a lot, I try to stay away from laxative too because it just got worse when I started to take them to much. And I do drink a lot! Green tea, coffee, a lot of diet pop tho and I do add tho be like mio to my water. What did you do to stop the constipation
  • footiechick82
    footiechick82 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    I've been living with IBS since I was 21(ish) or so... so 10 years... if you have the same thing, the only thing you can really do is start taking a probiotic to help. I have mint tea, ginger, cucumbers, hot bottle on my belly (my dog actually), etc... You can also do colonics to clear your bowels. I did it once, it helped, then I was back to the bloating a week later because I didn't keep up with it.

Healthy foods will make you gasy... I know, I'm bloated EVERYDAY OF MY LIFE and I hate it! I'm actually so bloated right now my belly is over my pants, it's kinda gross :indifferent:

It didn't affect my weight loss though... I'm down 12lbs since January.
  • HealthyLeeLee
    HealthyLeeLee Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Avoid foods that cause gas and bloating (broccoli, cabbage, etc.) and probiotics if the problem persists! I had extreme bloating after EVERYthing I ate and was so uncomfortable. After 2 days of probiotics, the problem was almost completely gone. I continued using for a few weeks and now use them occasionally :)
  • Evachiquita
    Evachiquita Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I get bloating often too. I know for me it's partly related to eating raw vegetables. I lightly steam broccoli and cauliflower before I eat them. I seem to do alright eating large salads with leafy greens like lettuce. I don't eat much raw kale or chard but I think they would lead to slight bloating for me, depending on how much I ate raw. Sauteed or steamed greens are not a problem. I get bloating if I eat certain beans like pinto, kidney, or white beans. Black beans and black eyed peas are not as big of an issue if I keep my intake kinda low. Lentils do not seem to give me a problem. I drink kombucha every day but I don't eat much dairy or take other probiotics. I notice an improvement with kombucha and other fermented food though. Keeping things moving on a regular basis also reduce bloating for me.

Wikipedia has a lot of info on fiber and how it relates to probiotics and water intake. I think it's as good a place as any to start.
  • shelliemacs
    shelliemacs Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I felt bloated IMMEDIATELY after eating a low carb high protein diet. A few days ago I cut back on the high protein and added more carbs. I noticed a difference after the first meal. I was doing eggs/egg beeters with turkey sausage for breakfast every day for weeks and BAM right after I was finished I fealt my stomach blow up. I cut them out and cut out the heavy proteins I was eating for lunch and dinner and I feel better already. I am no expert but I seem to remember someone saying hi protein diets cause water retention.
  • kkclif
    kkclif Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    bump