anyone similar? 5.7 ..cw 176..gw 150..vegetarian..

Options
girlfury
girlfury Posts: 27 Member
Im a vegetarian ( i eat eggs and dairy)...looking for some food ideas.. i am not really fond of vegetables...lol... i usually load up on carbs..

Replies

• Time4NUME
    Time4NUME Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Well, I am 5'8 175 & gw 150 & I eat fish but no other meat...
  • 2BVeggie
    2BVeggie Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm veggie too. I buy, clean cut & freeze lots of fruits, including bananas. Then I put the bananas & almond milk in a magic bullet to make a frozen custard like topping over a big bowl of fruit. So yummy! So few calories. Healthy. Toss nuts or top with cinnamon or nutmeg. So good!
  • girlfury
    Options
    Any food ideas? Im on the 1200 cal plan... so far i have lost 16 pounds (some before joining mfp ) ..
  • girlfury
    Options
    I find when i eat fruits and veggies my cal count exceeds my 1200 cal limit ... on ww fruit has no points
  • AleciaG724
    AleciaG724 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    I'm vegetarian with an open diary and I log every day but I'm on 1600 net/day. I can see fruit putting you over - I usually limit myself to 1 1/2 pieces/servings a day, but vegetables are very low cal... Try adding vegs a little at a time like to scrambled eggs, soups, sandwiches, etc. I don't know how you can be meeting your nutritional needs without eating veggies.

I've been thinking of getting a magic bullet... I may be convinced after hearing that frozen banana tip!
  • girlfury
    Options
    I have a magic bullet..its great! I use mixed fruit..banana for texture and yogurt...makes awesome tasty smoothies
  • 2BVeggie
    2BVeggie Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Today I'm making one of my all time favorite meals, even better next day!

Cut up strawberries, halve green grapes, chop celery and green onion. Add tarragon and spritz with lemon or lime juice.

If you can stop yourself from tasting it and eating it all, let it marinate.

I know, I'm not giving amounts, because I use what I have on hand, and to taste. Normally 2 c strawberries, 2 c grapes, 1 c celery, 1/4 to 1/2 green onion for an idea of my portions.

You can mix with avocado, or mayo if desired. Top with sliced almonds. Serve on a lettuce leaf. Tastes so good!

My sis won an award with the recipe decades ago. (Not veggies, she adds chicken). Been making it, loving it and sharing it with others who love it completely too, for decades. They always want more.

I eat it with crackers or wheat thins as a side. Not many calories, so you can eat lots of it!
  • FrustratedYoYoer
    FrustratedYoYoer Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I'm not vege but not a huge fan of meat. I do eat things like chicken and salami sometimes but I eat lots of fish and a whole load of Quorn, eggs, fruit, nuts & dairy. My diary is open to friends. I'm 5'8, 146 lbs roughly. Was 171 lbs at xmas. Will I do?? Feel free to add me anyone chatty and supportive who is also looking for a friend who is chatty & supportive
  • coverley54
    coverley54 Posts: 23
    Options
    5'4" 163, kindof close,
    Made chopped spinach/salsa/2 egg omelette for breakfast, 210 cal including 1 teas, coconut oil for cooking.
    Delicious!! Nutritional and low cal:))