40 Years Old. 40 Pounds to Lose

Options
I'm 40 years old and have 40 pounds to lose. I have a 6yo and a 4yo.

I'm hoping to connect with other "older" moms who needs to lose the darn baby weight and are dealing with the day-to-day craziness of having young kids. I managed to lose the weight the first time around. But now that I'm older, I just can't seem to get kickstarted properly. Help!

Replies

• sandywerks
    sandywerks Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    You can add me. I am 44 with 11yo twins. Lost the weight and more after the kids were born but I've been having issues with my thyroid and adrenals which makes gaining easy and losing is very tough even if I do everything right, but I am trying! Just started P90x2 this week after a round of Chalean Extreme.
  • lschwindel0522
    Options
    I'm 33 and I just had my second child. I now have a 2 year old and a newborn. I'm motivated to lose this baby weight once and for all! :)
  • cheekychk
    cheekychk Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I turn 40 on Sunday and I have a 6 year old and a nearly 4 year old. I've lost about 30 pounds (was 40 but...), but have 40 to go. Feel free to add me! Fair warning, I go slooowwwwlllyyyy at losing. It's been about 2.5 years of effort, but I've lived life as well. I make a lot of time for working out (thanks to my husband for this) and keep trying to eat well. Hope I can be of help.
  • Jaulen
    Jaulen Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Can add me too :)

40 with a 5 yr old.

Have at least 35 pounds I like to lose.

And I keep my diary open, nothing like having people tell you...."Good day, but should have made a healthier choice than 12 oreos for dinner" ;)
  • NiSan12
    NiSan12 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Sending you a request
  • TSANDE15
    TSANDE15 Posts: 1
    Options
    feel free to add me.. i will be 40 at the end of the month and had set a goal to lose 40 for my 40th..
  • dizzzy33
    dizzzy33 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hey there - love this thread. I'm 36 with three great kiddos ages 10, 8, and a little guy who just turned 1. I work full time, volunteer for way-too-many organizations, and am extremely busy chauffering the oldest from one sporting event to another. I've got about 30-35 pounds to go ... would love to add anyone in the same boat for support and motivation! Together we can do this!! :smile:
  • cheekychk
    cheekychk Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm so old that I just got my own birthday wrong...fixed.
  • jennycasper
    jennycasper Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I turned 40 about three weeks ago and it seems like I am having trouble getting those pounds to go. I have two boys, 5 1/2 and 2 1/2 and a full time job.

I originally lost 40 pounds with MFP and then gained a bit back. I'd like to lose those darn 12 again and a few more. I am three weeks into the Insanity workout and only lost 3 pounds (ok, there was birthday cake).
  • nshelafo
    nshelafo Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Add Me...or I could add you. I will be 40 on the 27th, I have 45 pounds to go and I have a 7yo and 4yo - both boys. I have been on a plateau for 5 months or so - up and down within 5 to 10 pounds, making me nuts!
  • dizzzy33
    dizzzy33 Posts: 31 Member
    Options

LOL - I always have to do the math - I can never remember how old I am!!
  • cheron40
    cheron40 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Pls add me! I am 40yrs and also have 40 pounds to lose- however my kids are older than everyone's- we have an 18yr old girl and 2 boys- 11 and 12yrs- I did lose all my baby weight- this weight that I have is from eating and mostly drinking- ( I can now that the kids are older :tongue: ) I went to to see a dietitian- however have lost less than 3 pounds since January- I need to eat more however its hard to get past the 1400 calories needed- don't usually eat dinner as I am pretty much a taxi once I get home from work- pls add me as a friend and I am really losing motivation:explode:
  • Jaulen
    Jaulen Posts: 468 Member
    Options

LOL - I always have to do the math - I can never remember how old I am!!

Too funny.

I was out with a friend and someone asked me how old I was....I replied 33 automatically....my friend was like WTH? And I had to do a double take and revise my age.....I feel like I'm 25, but mentally stuck at 33.
  • papillon71
    papillon71 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Hi, you can add me if you like. I am 41, have one 13 year old son, married, started my weight loss on January 5th 2013 and have lost just over 35lb so far. Active on here and very committed every day. :-)
  • lisautley02
    lisautley02 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    You can do it! I am 40 and have 4 kids ranging from 3 - 21...eat clean & excercise even when you don't want too! My motto: Skinny looks good in clothes BUT fit looks good naked! :smile:
  • Browne_Fox
    Browne_Fox Posts: 12
    Options
    I hear you! I'm still trying to lose 50lbs baby weight and baby boy is due to start school! After I had his sister, who is ten years older than him, the weight just fell away.
  • Brummig
    Brummig Posts: 94
    Options
    You can do it! I decided to lose 40lbs for my 40th birthday. I did it in 5 months (with the landmark birthday right in the middle of that0. I have kept it off for over 2 years, and lost another 30 since then!
  • rday217
    rday217 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hey Gang..I will be 41 in SIX DAY!! I have an awesome 14 Year old daugher and 40 pounds would change my life for the better!!
    I am always open to new motivated and inspiring friends. Feel free to add me.
  • tlbtlg03
    tlbtlg03 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello you can add me too if you like. I will be 40 in 1 week I have 4 kids ranging from 8 1/2 to 19 months. I have almost lost 40 pounds since March of this year but still have 30 more to go. I'm always telling people how great My Fitness Pal is and would like to see others meet or beat their weight loss goals. :)
  • mikajao
    mikajao Posts: 30
    Options
    Add me too! I am a mom who is going to be 38 this year.