Reccommend Fitness DVDs please :)

Options
Hi folks

need recommendations for fitness dvds please!!!

Replies

• katezx
    katezx Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I really like ministry of sound fitness dvds.. pump it up one is my favourite! i can only do the first two sections though lol .. the high intensity i cant get there just yet! but the bums tums part is very good!! :D xxx
  • loopylin32
    loopylin32 Posts: 63
    Options
    im doing Jillian Michaels 30 day shred at the moment, but shes a mean evil shrew and she HATES knees .... i love my davina dvds. i like the fact that she actually does the whole workout, rather than wandering around nattering, i like that u can do low impact versions of just about every exercise and the fact that she has the good grace to look kna**ered half way through :)
  • catieschwartz
    catieschwartz Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Depends on your goals :) I started with Slim in 6 and lost over 17" with that one...
  • FrustratedYoYoer
    FrustratedYoYoer Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I highly recommend anything from The Firm series. Great workout. Kelsie's are the best ones but some of my faves are 500 cal workout, Pump, Jump N Jab, Total Body Toner, Cardio Overdrive and Burn & Shape. All by The Firm.

10 Minute Solution series are also good. Their kickboxing dvd with Jessica is the best one by them in my opinion. You get a real good workout. All the dvds I mention are suitable for all fitness levels.
  • Kori0714
    Kori0714 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I really like The Firm work outs. I have a couple of the different work outs and i just recently purchased The Firm express. It is a 13 DVD set and it includes a meal plan plus workout chart. The trainer also does the whole work out with you and there isn't a lot of explaining and talking during the DVD. My opinion I can't stand the Jillian Michaels work outs. She does a lot of talking and explaining and never does the full workout. It makes me feel better when i see the trainer sweeting and breathing harder.

The best advice i got when looking for at homework outs was: Before purchasing and wasting your money google, youtube and research the DVDS. You will be able to find parts of the workouts and see what is best for you. I almost bought a DVD that was way too intense for me and i would probably never use. And i did purchase a DVD workout that was SOOOOO boring!! So research the different types of workouts you may like!

GOOD LUCK!
  • jobrandes
    jobrandes Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Hi folks

need recommendations for fitness dvds please!!!

I could recommend loads of them but I would love to know your goals first. It is hard to throw out a DVD program without knowing what you enjoy, what you want to accomplish, and where you are now. If I tell you a program that is really intense or not intense enough you will not like it and then you will stop. Make sense? I help folks all the time find perfect programs, pop me a message.

Jo
  • staceysforster
    staceysforster Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I can't do really intense stuff due to joint issues, wanting something that is enough to make me lose the weight but not too high impact so that I am in pain.
    I suffer from pelvic girdle pain from my pregnancies and have to be careful on sleeping positions etc let alone high impact stuff :)
  • cnave99
    cnave99 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you're a good candidate for Leslie Sansone's Walk Away The Pounds.

It's gentle, and effective.
  • littlelaura
    littlelaura Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    leslie sansone walking dvds, are fantastic
    power 90 dvds are great
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    My favorite is the Funcercise Beginners Workout with trainer Sunshine.