Stay outta my house - trigger foods! What are yours?

Options

Replies

• mclgo
    mclgo Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Can't keep my cravings out of the house because I have three kids and a spouse.
    But it's hard NOT IMPOSSIBLE for me to turn down:

Ruffles and Top-o-the-Tater dip
    Ice cream
    A nice cold Coke over ice
    Toast with jam

Margaret
  • mlopez9561
    mlopez9561 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    pizza
    chocolate
    bread
    bake desserts :explode:
  • Jaulen
    Jaulen Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Ice cream with 'goodies' in it.....although i'll sit and pick out the goodies and not eat the ice cream. Drives my husband nuts, I'll eat half a gallon, but 90% of the ice cream will go down the drain.....

Cookies. Especially oreo cookies, and anything I've made homemade....

Chocolate. I try not to keep chocolate candy in the house, since I'll down it all.....but when I get that 'I need to eat it!' feeling, I'll buy a huge bag and bring it into work for the communal candy dish. I've gotten my need to buy it out of the way, and then with someone there policing the candy dish, i can stick to eating one or two pieces (Hershy nuggets...mmmm).
  • amberecochran
    amberecochran Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Carbs! Any kind of simple carb! Biggest problems are ice cream, cereal (fruit loops, apple jacks, cocoa pebbles), or cookie dough.
  • amandabcdefg
    amandabcdefg Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    90% of the foods i used to (and sometimes still want to..) buy. literally anything that is not 'clean' and doesn't go bad, is a trigger for me. cookies, boxed mac and cheese, doritos, frozen pizzas/fries/breaded chicken... i'm a binger and once i start, i do the whole "well, i already ruined todays intake.. might as well continue.." and eat til i hurt! so i dont buy it anymore. my husband still picks up a few treats when we shop, but i take a breath and walk away when we go in any of the middle aisles or else i may give in. i try to drink lots of water as my husband sits next to me and eats delicious snacks! and when i do a small treat like a skinny cow ice cream sandwhich.. i eat it in a bowl, with a spoon! it takes me a little longer to eat it so i am less likely to finish it quick and want to grab 2 more lol
  • BabyCerise
    BabyCerise Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    biscuits, baguette, beer
  • junejadesky
    junejadesky Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Bread, bread and more bread.... any kind... I will eat it... I will eat a whole baguette in one sitting.... omg yummy!
  • scrapjen
    scrapjen Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Too many to list, ditto most of the things others have said.

For those of you who just don't have the stuff in your house, do the others in your home cooperate? Hubby goes up and down, eating really good at some times, then asking me where I hid the oreos because he KNOWS I have some somewhere (they actually aren't one of my temptations, but I know he loves them so I do usually have a stash). I also have five boys addicted to Doritos, cold cereal, ice cream, fruit snacks, white bread, chocolate milk, etc. Seriously, I would have a revolution on my hands (although I know it would be better for them in the long run - and save $$ too!) No weight or health issues, they are all active and healthy.

I used to make cookies, cinnamon rolls, brownies ... quite often too. Since trying to eat better myself (well, at least trying to control calories, haven't quite moved onto real, healthy eating) I haven't been cooking/baking as much (much to the kids chagrin).
  • Checketa
    Checketa Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Chocolate chip cookies... yummy
  • wfrazjr
    wfrazjr Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    1. FLAMIN HOT CORN CHIPS
    2. VANILLA BEAN ICE CREAM
    3. HOMEMADE CHEESE CAKE
    4. HOME RED VELVET CAKE
    5. LEMON BUNDT CAKE
  • mrdk92
    mrdk92 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    If I have goat cheese to spread on it, I could probably easily eat a whole baguette. Other than that, any sort of baked good! And I work in a place that bakes fresh cookies, scones, and carrot cake bars daily :( It's pretty much torture.
  • mangogirl272727
    mangogirl272727 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    cinnamon rolls
    cookies
    chocolate
    poptarts
    peanut butter
    and TOAST (with butter/peanut butter/jam/honey/cheese/cream cheese/cinnamon sugar); I sadly cannot keep bread in the house
  • mazzasweet
    mazzasweet Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Those fast-snack carbs get me every time! chips, pretzels crackers... yumm! hehe
  • jaimrlx
    jaimrlx Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Fruit snacks of any kind, seriously.
    Pie.
    Candy.
    FUNYUNS.
    For those of you who just don't have the stuff in your house, do the others in your home cooperate?

Not without a fight. My theory is out of sight - out of mind. They keep the chips/pies/candy/cookies up on top of the fridge, but that works for me because I'm only 5'2. They also use cupboards to keep it away from me. For some people though, just knowing it's there is brutal. If I distract myself for a few minutes, I might forget that there is a bag of candy somewhere.

One 1/2 awesome, 1/2 terrible thing that my bf did: I have PCOS and never have cycles but maybe once per year. He hid an entire bag of fun sized candy bars in my tampon drawer, knowing that I'd have no need to go in it but maybe once a year. He even left some in there for me for when that time actually came, which was a total surprise. Sweet and evil at the same time, haha.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Raw almonds. I can't stop eating them. I just noticed hubby bought some and tried to be slick and hide them at the top most shelf of our pantry where I can't reach.....(unless I get the tongs muah hhahahahahaaaaaa!).
  • aanderson317
    aanderson317 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Well mostly my biggest trigger isn't a food so much as baking. I love to bake, especially anything involving yeast or anything involving cupcakes. I love the process of making the bread almost as much as I love eating it.

That and popcorn. I could eat my body volume on popcorn, stove popped and covered in salt and butter.
  • LogiesMom09
    LogiesMom09 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Reeses' peanut butter cups
    Lays' plain potato chips
    Cheetos
    Honey Buns
    Red velvet cupcakes
    Frosted Flakes
  • mazzasweet
    mazzasweet Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    For those of you who just don't have the stuff in your house, do the others in your home cooperate?

No, for me, they don't - and that's a really good point. Anyone have suggestions for not eating the junk (for me - during the night is worst) when you can't necessarily control if it's in the house? Is it just pure willpower?
  • TMarieB30
    TMarieB30 Posts: 24
    Options
    Same boat here.

Most weaknesses are pizza, wings, tacos (I could eat a ton of my homemade tacos), ice cream, and vodka.
  • freddi11e
    freddi11e Posts: 317 Member
    Options

i just live with my twin sister.. we're both on board. but when one of us gets off track (like with outside food) usually the other goes down too lol