Needing Friends to help kick me in gear. THIS IS MY SIGN!

Options
HI all. Im new to this site and ready to have some help. Here is a little about me. I want to get FIT and lose this extra baggage that weighs me down (physically and emotionally). I would like to lose 30# (yes that infamous just enough overweight category). I am in my 30's now and am somewhat active but have some serious emotional and lifestyle eating "issues'. I eat for boredom, comfort, and of course...because I love fancy rich foods and a nice wine. I moved and although my fella is wonderful, we have grown far too comfy with lazy post work indulgence. As singles, we both hit the gym, and ate healthier but as we have lived together for two years...our waistlines have grown comfy too. I have found it incredibly hard to get him motivated with me and the "Lets go to the gym together" talk happens all to often but never actually happens. We are terrible enablers.

So I am reaching out. The friends i have in this new area, are not as active as I would like to be and it is very hard to get people who are on a schedule with my ever changing work schedule. I have a gym membership and get in for yoga classes as well here and there....but I just lack overall consistent motivation.

This is where you come in! I need some friends! I need accountability in different fashions. I want to know what works for you! I like fitness and lifting but also love me some yoga. I am open to anything that you can share that helps you (aside from quick gimmicks , no carb... primarily meat..., liquid, juicing only reboot ...yadda yadda). I know it takes exercise and calorie deficit to make this work and I want to make this work. Please help!

Replies

• crazygirlantics
    Options
    jezebellle23, I feel your pain, I need to be active as well. I live in Las Vegas, and I am trying to get myself moving much the same as you are. Maybe we can kick eachother in gear in some ways..
  • Susan0279
    Susan0279 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hey there, I am 34 and my waist line grew bigger when I moved in with my boyfriend, now husband. I have 35 pounds to lose. I am on MFP everyday. I watch what I eat, but I still have fast food, bar food, and pizza sometimes. I just go to the gym for cardio and zumba, which is an awesome way to burn some calories. I do an hour of Zumba and burn about 700 calories.

Right now I am supposed to eat 1200 calories (I am not going to lie some days are easier than others).....If I go over by 100 or 200 calories on a non-gym day I don't freak out.

The one major change that I have done is I do not drink pop during the week and on the weekend I may have one or two depending on the mixed drink. :drinker: I am one of those who believe moderation is okay.

Feel free to add me as a friend and hopefully we can motivate eachother!
  • AngelChini
    AngelChini Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I know how you are feeling! Its tough getting back into shape especially when you having a bad day. I start eating a whole bunch when I am having a bad day lol, but recently I have started to watch what I eat and snack on. I have also increased the amount of time I work out. I would love to support you and get you back on the right track!^^
  • lschwindel0522
    Options
    I sent you a request. I am also in my 30's and need to lose around 30 pounds. Hope we can help each other! :)
  • raymondstott
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, good luck with your goal, happy to add if you wish
  • caitlinm924
    caitlinm924 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! Congrats on the first step to a healthier life :)
  • Huebras
    Huebras Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I am also in my 30's and on a fitness journey. I have, however, already lost the "30" pounds but still have about ten to fifteen to go.

Motivation is a big problem for me as well. I've had the lingering 10-15 lbs to go for about six months. Feel free to add me ( this invitation goes out to anyone reading this as well) and maybe we can help each other.
  • Resa001
    Resa001 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I am also in my 30's. Since having my son I find it difficult to go running, to the gym, or to hot yoga... all activities I did pre baby. My husband is a healthy weight having lost 35 lbs by taking up sports again and cutting out sugars (he used to drink pop/soda every day) ... I find that I really have to watch it or else I eat as much as him if not more; I find that if I am not with him I eat far healthier amounts and make healthier choices. With him I tend to indulge in desserts, wine, etc. ... and our idea of a date is to go eat out these days... *sigh*

For the past year I have gained about a pound a month and I am here to try and:
    1. Put a stop to that!
    2. Lose that extra 10-15 lbs
    3. Lose a bit more after I achieve # 2.

I feel your pain... welcome to MFP! Maybe we can motivate eachother. : )
  • renrutb
    renrutb Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm in my 30's and need to lose 35 pounds. For now I'm focusing on losing 10 pounds. Baby steps. :) Welcome to MFP and I look forward to encouraging you.
  • fongsl
    fongsl Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    yes, "diet food" is boring. i'm doing this IIFYM (if it fit your macros) diet. this is by far the best diet i've done. you can eat a cheese burger if you want, as long as you reach your carbs, protein and fat for the day. because of this diet i'm in the best shape of my life. feel free to add me.
  • Habiteer
    Habiteer Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I feel ya! I definitely know that "comfortable" feeling, but sometimes, comfort is the enemy! I mean, yeah it feels good to lay around and fill your stomach, but you'll start growing in the wrong direction. You kick it up a notch, work on it day by day, and you might not feel comfortable everyday, but you'll probably end up feeling pretty damn good which is better than feeling comfortable! Hopefully you can somehow inspire your partner to do the same somehow.

Here's a couple of things that have been helping me:

1. Tracking, I am getting pretty good at it. MFP helps a lot of course, just so I can keep myself accountable.
    2. Get a GOOD quality weight scale for yourself. I feel great when I weigh myself in the morning and see my weight go down steadily week by week cause that's what I'm currently aiming for, and I know I'm eating enough cause I feel good. I had a bad quality scale that fluctuated a bit and it really bothered me... bought a better one last week for about $30 and it is so fast, convenient, and stable!
    3. Get a GOOD quality food scale, it goes without saying, you don't want to cheat yourself especially when you get started in the beginning. Again, the quality of the scale will make your weight loss so much simpler. I think I'm good enough that I only weigh calorie dense things now (after enough practice with the scale) so I mainly just weigh calorie heavy things like cheeses and berries. Mine cost about $25, and it is a huge helper for me.

Good luck!
  • pixie_pix
    pixie_pix Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Would be happy to be some support to your goals.
    I am lazy! yeah, lazy to the bones, but I have a goal and I will reach it and prove I can do everything I want to do! I do some Zu,ba, some Cardio, eat healthy, try new things and do you know what I start calling my secret weapon? I do Qi Gong 2 times a week! Qi what? Qi Gong! Can't explain why but I am sure it does good for me on my way so far so I can recommend it at least to give it a try to be a part of the journey...

Wish u all the best and be happy to have you in my friends list...