do you ever wonder what is the point of being thin?

Options
1235»

Replies

• xLoveLikeWinterx
    xLoveLikeWinterx Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    No. For me being healthy is an awake and alive feeling that permeates every inch of my body and mind. I feel like I can do anything. I feel sexy all the time. It is the best high ever.

This. It's like a natural high :)
  • MzPix
    MzPix Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I am overweight and happy. I love my life. I don’t feel like I have any obligation to be depressed just because I have excess body fat. Screw that. Life’s too good to be miserable. I would hope that all people would be well rounded enough that their body composition doesn’t determine their happiness in life.
    One of the numerous goals I have in life is to lose weight. Meeting or not meeting that one particular goal isn’t going to change whether or not I am a happy person.
    Maybe you are seeing a correlation where there really isn’t one. “Your relatives are overweight, therefore they are content” is a far cry different than “Your relatives are content people and just happen to be overweight also.”
    I see a lot of people in this thread insulting your friends, calling them morons, and assuming they are miserable, even though your original post clearly states that they are happy. Maybe you could trade tips with them. You teach them some health tips while they teach you some tips about happiness.

PS: I don't have a goal of being thin.
  • mag2906
    mag2906 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    You are lucky. Where I live, everyone is thin. My city has the lowest obesity rate of North America. Our stats for the overweight are mostly derived from the older (40 and up) women.
    So where I live...the point of being thin is to be accepted in society. The bigger people are usually rejected or shunned out of social events.

There. I grew up in small town in Poland (80's, communism, no fast foods). Even at "only" 10-15 pounds overweight I was the fattest kid in the school! No good, believe me. I have hard wired in my brain that fat is bad, yet, since I remember I was either obese or overweight.

I want to be "thin" to prove to myself that I can actually do it. Losing weight was never easy for me and after losing nearly 50 lbs -I consider it a big achievement. I also want to go shopping and buy stuff that I like, not what I can fit into. I want to die having normal BMI. lol
  • tigerlily_
    tigerlily_ Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I am overweight and happy. I love my life. I don’t feel like I have any obligation to be depressed just because I have excess body fat. Screw that. Life’s too good to be miserable. I would hope that all people would be well rounded enough that their body composition doesn’t determine their happiness in life.
    One of the numerous goals I have in life is to lose weight. Meeting or not meeting that one particular goal isn’t going to change whether or not I am a happy person.
    Maybe you are seeing a correlation where there really isn’t one. “Your relatives are overweight, therefore they are content” is a far cry different than “Your relatives are content people and just happen to be overweight also.”
    I see a lot of people in this thread insulting your friends, calling them morons, and assuming they are miserable, even though your original post clearly states that they are happy. Maybe you could trade tips with them. You teach them some health tips while they teach you some tips about happiness.

PS: I don't have a goal of being thin.

Definitely agree with this! Being thin won't magically solve all of your problems or make you happy. I'm thinking of it as the icing on the cake.
  • NonnyMary
    NonnyMary Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Well, i could walk better, and my knees and feet would not hurt as much. I could enjoy walking on my vacations seeing beautiful sites, but for now, i cannot do those things.. and so quality of life is not great and thats just three things.