way over sugar recommendation because of fruit

Options
hey guys, i eat a lot of fruit because i love fruit smoothies and bananas and apples but because of this im always WAY over my recommended sugar intake. is this ok since its all from fruit? what are the effects of having high sugar intake normally?

Replies

• _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    Unless you have a medical condition like diabetes don't worry. Cutting down on processed sugar is a good idea but dont worry about sugars in fruit.
  • sammi674
    sammi674 Posts: 41
    Options
    I think sugar from fruit is fine since it's not processed sugar or high fructose corn syrup. This is the macro I can rarely stay with-in when I'm eating healthy, so I don't worry about it.
  • JillianLH
    JillianLH Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I go through the same thing everyday. I think I did really well and then when I log all my fruit my sugar is through the rooof!! Especially bananas..I love bananas in my oatmeal for breakfast at in my yogurt at lunch but its alot of carbs and sugar :/
  • dieselbyte
    dieselbyte Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Unless you are diabetic and must constantly monitor your blood sugar levels, sugar from fruit is naturally occuring and is fine. Processed and added sugars is what you should keep an eye on. At the end of the day, as long as you are within your caloric and macro-nutrient goals, sugar from fruit wont hurt you.
  • henriettevanittersum
    henriettevanittersum Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I took out the sugar on MFP and watch Fiber now instead. MFP makes no sense when it comes to sugar! I eat fruit, veggies, dairy... all bringing me way over my sugar limit. But when I subtract those and are left with the sugar in cookies, chocolate etc., I'm always way under. To make a change in reports go to foods - settings. You can change them all to your individual preference.