low calorie alcoholic beverages?

Hi was just wondering with summer around the corner what alcholic beverages you like that are low calorie and taste good

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    A beer is around 160 calories I think? Easy to fit in.
  • dixielawgirl
    dixielawgirl Posts: 437 Member
    just a few ideas:

wine
    citrus vodka & soda (not tonic)
    light beer
    vanilla rum & diet coke
    skinny mojitos
  • bwogilvie
    bwogilvie Posts: 2,130 Member
    A gin & tonic with 1 shot (1.5 oz.) 80-proof gin, a squeeze of lime juice, and diet tonic water is almost exactly 100 calories. (97 for the gin, according to the USDA database, and a couple for the lime juice.)
  • alicecorsiatto
    alicecorsiatto Posts: 35 Member
    I enjoy a glass of Vodka with a club soda and a squirt of MIO in whatever flavor you like. It is quite a refreshing hot day drink and only calories are from the vodka.
    Also Molson Canadian 67 lime beers are fairly tasty. Can't go too wrong for 67 calories.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Wine is my adult beverage of choice. I also like some of the light beers, especially with citrus fruit slices added. Dark beers are too heavy for hot weather IMO.

I also sometimes make Sangria with diet cranberry juice and chopped fruit (and red wine, of course), and maybe a splash of vodka or spiced rum if I want a higher alcohol content. That is very refreshing on a hot day and about 100 calories per glass.
  • mrmagee3
    mrmagee3 Posts: 518 Member
    Scotch.
  • imtrinat
    imtrinat Posts: 153 Member
    Vodka, club soda, and lime is my fave. Throw a slice of cucumber, fruit, etc in there. mmm! Also, white zinfandel with club soda and fruit. double mmm!
  • Jen21878
    Jen21878 Posts: 40 Member
    There are a lot of light beers out now that are less than 100 cals. ex: Mich Ultra - 95 cals.

I like cherry vodka & sodas b/c the soda water has no calls at all!! And it's refreshing!
  • NathanFronk
    NathanFronk Posts: 137 Member
    Grey Goose on the rocks with a lime.

During summer memosas and vodka-orange juices seem popular. But orange juice is very high in calories and sugar. If you drink either of these beverages use water with a splash of OJ (or half water half OJ at most).
  • chadraeder3
    chadraeder3 Posts: 279 Member
    I like absinthe drinks, normally 1 sugar cube some absinthe and water that is all you need it is a show jut to watch it being made and you drink it slow savor the herbal taste the licorice smell.

Not a ton of bars have absinthe then I will have a Bacardi and coke. I will go for quality over quantity now.

Alcohol is about as calorie dense nutritionally light as you can get but life without pleasures is not worth living moderation is a key.
  • pjp1125
    pjp1125 Posts: 313
    While I am not a huge fan- Corona lights are under 100 calories per, and with lime they make a passable summer drink.
  • sunshinesquared
    sunshinesquared Posts: 2,733 Member
    There are a lot of light beers out now that are less than 100 cals. ex: Mich Ultra - 95 cals.

^^This!
  • blondageh
    blondageh Posts: 923 Member
    I drink Bud Select 55 - 55 calories each. HOWEVER, they are pretty much just water so I don't feel any sort of happy unless I down 6-7 and then it is kind of negating the whole low calorie drink thing.
  • ashleybreanna13
    ashleybreanna13 Posts: 249 Member
    Coors Light is 102 calories. Not bad!
    otherwise I would try Mimosa lite with lo-calorie fruit juice
    mmmm summer :)
  • JillKad
    JillKad Posts: 14 Member
    Miller Lite is only 97 Calories per 12 oz. bottle. Also, Summer Shandy by leinenkugel's is only 130 calories per 12 oz. bottle (opposed to the Bud Light Lime-a-rita's that are about 330 cals)

Im a HUGE fan of Vodka Soda Waters with a lemon and lime, or look up recipes for skinny maragaritas. I had one at Rojo that was only 97 calories!
  • Bekahmardis
    Bekahmardis Posts: 602 Member
    Guinness is about the lowest calorie "full bodied" beer you can get....I LOVE my Guinness! :)
  • Lochlyn_D
    Lochlyn_D Posts: 492 Member
    SkinnyGirl had vodka and other stuff. SkinnyGrape has wines. 80cal a glass
  • fizzfizz
    fizzfizz Posts: 94 Member
    Gin and slimline tonic - 56 cals
    White wine small (125 ml) glass - 90 cals

Am enjoying a fine Sancerre right now - cheers!
  • kkclif
    kkclif Posts: 155 Member
    bump