Green Smoothies???

Options
mmrose00
mmrose00 Posts: 253 Member
Using smoothies as another way to get my veggies in..Do you drink them/ make them?? What's your favorite concoction?

Replies

• AlynnP1005
    AlynnP1005 Posts: 195
    Options
    I dont make my own, but I love love love the Green Energy smoothie by Arthurs, and theres one just like it by Bolthouse Farms. They look like pond sludge, but taste yummy. Even my 4 year old drinks them!
  • bballgrrl34
    bballgrrl34 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I make one that sounds gross, but it is pretty good.

1 banana
    1/2 an avocado
    handful of spinach (a little more if you feeling real healthy)
    1 1/2 cups of water
    blend this all together
    then add 1 1/2 cups of frozen fruit
    and finally honey for taste

blend until smooth
  • rmccully
    rmccully Posts: 319
    Options
    It is really easy to make them. put what ever you want to the blender.

Kale or spinach and carrots with whatever fruit you want , you can use fresh or frozen fruit..
    You can even add protein powder to it as well.

I make something different every day. My son has loved everyone i have made. some more than others. :)

Just try things.
  • SexyIsPainful
    SexyIsPainful Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I like Naked Juice the best. When I cannot find Naked Juice I use Boathouse or Odwalla; sometimes I put in the blender and add Activa or some other type of Protein. I know they have a protein version but I dont like the taste of it. I wanna try making my own though - I was thinking of using the same indregiants as the Naked Juice.
  • balance9
    balance9 Posts: 160
    Options
    A lot of the pre-made green smoothies out there are heavy on apple juice and/or banana juice and/or grape juice...not a lot of nutrition, but a ton of fructose sugar.

You might be better off to make your own smoothie with frozen fruit, a couple of ounces of 100% orange juice, and add a green superfood powder. Vitamineral Green is the highest in micronutrients that I have found, but taste is not great. Very 'peppery'. Works better in a tomato juice-type base. For fruit smoothies, Jarrow Green Defense is the most neutral tasting; I really like it. It's about $18.00 on vitacost.com for 30 servings, but that still a lot cheaper than buying the pre-bottled stuff.
  • indiankel
    indiankel Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Bolthouse Farms...Green Goodness. It does look awful but it tastes pretty darn good!
  • learning2bfit
    learning2bfit Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try this one!
    I make one that sounds gross, but it is pretty good.

1 banana
    1/2 an avocado
    handful of spinach (a little more if you feeling real healthy)
    1 1/2 cups of water
    blend this all together
    then add 1 1/2 cups of frozen fruit
    and finally honey for taste

blend until smooth
  • fitinyoga14
    fitinyoga14 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    google 'green lemonade'. i don't know the recipe off the top of my head, but i've tried it before and its pretty good. it contains all fresh ingredients such as ginger, lemon, cucumber, kale, and apples. very nutritious.
  • fitinyoga14
    fitinyoga14 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    google 'green lemonade'. i don't know the recipe off the top of my head, but i've tried it before and its pretty good. it contains all fresh ingredients such as ginger, lemon, cucumber, kale, and apples. very nutritious.
  • ka_42
    ka_42 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Check out this link!

http://greenmonstermovement.com/

if you look at the reader recipes you can get some really great ideas. I have yet to try these but I've heard wonderful things and plan on making one soon... there are some ingredients I still want to get! Hope yours turns out yummy!
  • mmrose00
    mmrose00 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    THANKS EVERYONE!!!! This was helpful and informative!!:flowerforyou:
  • ladybugss
    ladybugss Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    A lot of the pre-made green smoothies out there are heavy on apple juice and/or banana juice and/or grape juice...not a lot of nutrition, but a ton of fructose sugar.

You might be better off to make your own smoothie with frozen fruit, a couple of ounces of 100% orange juice, and add a green superfood powder. Vitamineral Green is the highest in micronutrients that I have found, but taste is not great. Very 'peppery'. Works better in a tomato juice-type base. For fruit smoothies, Jarrow Green Defense is the most neutral tasting; I really like it. It's about $18.00 on vitacost.com for 30 servings, but that still a lot cheaper than buying the pre-bottled stuff.

Thanks I want to try this.
  • st27
    st27 Posts: 101
    Options
    I throw together what I like Kale ,cucumbers, peppers and apples . Add ice and little water. that it.
  • rmccully
    rmccully Posts: 319
    Options
    ONE CUP OF KALE AND 3 BANANAS AND A LITTLE WATER
  • kristijean
    kristijean Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I use a smoothie called Shakeology you can check it out at www.thebodyshake.com and it comes in greenberry or chocolate but its amazing and has 70+ fruits and vegetables from all over the world!
  • clipsychic
    Options
    nice! I'll try.