Facing difficulty, any advice is appreciated!

Options
Hello! So I have been using the app (consistently) for almost a month now and I am having so much difficulty. I have only lost three pounds in about 3.5 weeks and I was hoping to see quicker results. I am eating 1200 calories a day and working out an hour or more daily jogging, walking, and doing aerobics. I only eat the 1200 calories in fruits, vegetables, and light foods and ignore my remaining calories after the net. I don't feel like I am starving, but am I not eating enough? Is this why I am not seeing more progress?

Also, my goals predict that I should be losing about 1.9 pounds a week and thus far I am not. I'm afraid to increase my eating and gain weight but also am not seeing anything doing what I am doing now. Any suggestions from those who are seeing results? It's just been hard, I am slipping into depression because I am working so hard and seeing no change. My clothes do not feel looser and I have not lost more than maybe half an inch on my waist.

Please feel free to respond, especially those who have been successful! I need any help I can get.

Replies

• dwh77tx
    dwh77tx Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I think 3.5 lbs in 3 weeks is excellent- any faster and that would not be good for your body. Be patient and congrats.
  • yoscarlino
    yoscarlino Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    You are being way to hard on yourself. A pound a week is Great! Are you eating enough? Maybe, Maybe not. There is a lot of great info on this site to help you figure out where you need to be for your body. Figure out your TDEE and eat 20% less. It does work. Today I am down 37 pounds since Jan. Slow, steady weight loss as I change how I eat and my life style. I know I will reach my goals and most importantly maintain it.
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    3.5 pounds in 3 weeks is amazing work! Don't knock it - you have to remember weight loss is not linear. Meaning, one week you may lose 1 pound, the next week 3 pounds, the next two weeks in a row 0... but it all gets you to where you're going in the end as long as you don't give up.

The other thing is this, I was uncertain from your message if you're NETTING 1200 or eating 1200 total. If you're not Netting 1200 you're probably not eating enough.
  • brianacupcakes
    brianacupcakes Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    No I am simply eating 1200, not netting. Once I reach my 1200 calories, regardless of exercise, I do not eat anymore. I am not sure where I stand on eating more (as in netting 1200) since I have read through many posts and some people say they do NOT eat the extra calories allotted after exercise and it works for them and others say they DO eat the extra calories allotted after exercise and that works for those people. So confused. I shall try a happy medium I suppose.
  • ddky
    ddky Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    eating 1200 cals and exercising every day..... not enough fuel. That's like expecting a pick up truck to get 50 miles per gallon.
  • audralucansky
    Options
    If you are working out; you definitely need to eat more protein such as: chicken, tuna, and etc which is also light foods. I have worked and trained people for years. also switch up your workouts to keep body guessing. You will stop seeing results if you do same workouts all the time; b/c your body will not be challenged anymore. also if you are not doing any weight training; toning muscle will burn a lot calories. do weights first then cardio b/c if your body has already started getting charged by weights then when you hit the cardio you will be burning nothing but straight calories. I would keep a journal of different toning exercises for weights and switch up days. suggestion: Monday--triceps and chest, Tuesday--biceps and back, wed--hamstrings and abs; Thursday quads--butt and abs;
    and Friday etc.... plus cardio.

I hope this helps............following switch days Monday do legs and abs, Tuesday biceps and chest, and etc... keep your body guessing.

audra
  • MaggieKillNMaul
    MaggieKillNMaul Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I have this problem a lot too....maybe try adding another 200-300 calories per day for a week or two and see if that makes a difference! Also, make sure you're not eating too much sodium--you may be losing but not seeing on the scale because you're retaining water. Try eating less than 2000mg a day.

I don't know about you, but I lose from my waist last....so maybe try taking measurements from other areas as well. They say it takes a month of eating healthy and exercising for you to see anything, and up to a month and a half for others to notice. Just stick to it and try to be patient! You're doing the right things, they'll pay off soon! Keep it up! :)
  • Shadowcub
    Shadowcub Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    From what I've read about metabolism, I'd think that 1200 NET would be a minimum. I can't imagine an adult getting by on much less and not ending up with a weight that was unhealthy on the low side.

YMMV. I'm a fat guy trying to net almost 3x that to lose a pound a week, about what you have been losing. And that's nothing to sneeze at!