Help me!

Options
I am 5 ft 8 and weigh about 160lbs. I am having a diet. I eat only 1400-1500 calories per day. I lost 21lbs so far. But now it doesn't lose any pound now. What must I do????

Replies

• Ellliemai
    Ellliemai Posts: 10
    Options
    Hey...no one replyd to me either...so ill reply to you.....i was the same as you too....but i went on ahead...eat what you want...as long as its not junk food....eat when you want.....and do exercise...I'm trying to lose my last 10lbs...and it seems to be the hardest....try not to stand on the scales to much....they are the devil of all devils....good luck x
  • Bethmonday212
    Options
    Heya, you could try doing new exercises or new meals, if you do the same thing over and over it can stop working so use some new tactics :)
  • jaynesteiber
    Options
    Plateaus suck! When I've hit them I go back to the basics! I record EVERYTHING that I eat or drink. I'm always amazed how quickly it adds up. Also, I change my exercise routine. Our bodies get use to the same format (eating or exercise). Try not to get discouraged and keep going until your happy with you. Hope this helps!
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    According to your profile you are a male....160 at 5'8 is a good weight. I am female, 5'8, weighs 176 and eat a lot more than you - and still lose weight.......Eating that little can not be good for you ...Eat more, lots of protein and start lifting weights - you will see the difference very soon!

If you don't have weights or access to a gym, go to www.nerdfitness.com for exercises you can do without weights
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    1400-1500 calories is pretty low for a guy. Are you logging any exercise and eating the earned calories back? That might be a good place to start.
  • IGJWolfCarnivore
    IGJWolfCarnivore Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    What does your diet consist of? Also how is your sleep habits and your exercise and rest routines? A lot of things play a huge role in weight loss and from experience I would lose 40 pounds then would stop so I had to look at what I was doing, how I was eating and took me about two more plateaus before I was finally able to lose the rest and hit my goal weight. But I promise it can work
  • IGJWolfCarnivore
    IGJWolfCarnivore Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am 5 ft 8 and weigh about 160lbs. I am having a diet. I eat only 1400-1500 calories per day. I lost 21lbs so far. But now it doesn't lose any pound now. What must I do????

plus what is your body fat percentage 160 for a 5ft 8 guy is pretty light so your body may be at its limit depending.
  • supermodelchic
    supermodelchic Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    I looked at your diary, and if it were me I would not eat carbs at your last meal, just veggies & lean protein. how much exercise are you getting??
  • kenbi
    kenbi Posts: 18
    Options
    Thanks for all you guys. I am male.
    I looked at your diary, and if it were me I would not eat carbs at your last meal, just veggies & lean protein. how much exercise are you getting??
    I work out every day over 1 hours, I include cardio 3 times a week and 1 days of basketball.
  • kenbi
    Options
    So is it good if I eat about 1800 calories per day. I just need to lose my last 10lbs and work out back to 160lbs with lean, not fat.
  • kenbi
    Options
    What does your diet consist of? Also how is your sleep habits and your exercise and rest routines? A lot of things play a huge role in weight loss and from experience I would lose 40 pounds then would stop so I had to look at what I was doing, how I was eating and took me about two more plateaus before I was finally able to lose the rest and hit my goal weight. But I promise it can work
    I exercise every day. I work out 5 day and 2 day rest. I do cardio in that day. I sleep 7hrs to 7.5 a day. I just worry does it make me gain weight again if I eat more...
  • BeLikeBarbi
    Options
    Try "ItWorks" body wraps. It's great for toning and getting rid of the last few pounds.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Try "ItWorks" body wraps. It's great for toning and getting rid of the last few pounds.

Yeah until he eats/drinks the next day and it all comes back on!! *rolling eyes*
  • maryseymour
    Options
    Try cutting out breads, sugar and alcohol (if applies) for 24 days and see if that works for ya....but keep up the exercise!
  • BeLikeBarbi
    Options

Yeah until he eats/drinks the next day and it all comes back on!! *rolling eyes*

I don't think it was necessary to roll your eyes, but that's okay, I understand.
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    I think it was....Itworks is a gimmick - the OP asked for real advice....
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    How long has your weight loss been stalled?
  • kenbi
    Options
    How long has your weight loss been stalled?
    approximately 5days..but it gain 1-2lbs...i still eat like every day..i dont know why