Shredded Chicken Cabbage Rolls (100 calories Per Roll)

Options

Replies

• GnomeLove
    GnomeLove Posts: 379
    Options
    Fo Laterz
  • meredith1123
    meredith1123 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    You can also make this with extra lean ground turkey BREAST. It makes for a great trade off if you are sick of chicken.
  • hayles333
    hayles333 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Looks yummy -- thanks!
  • angelams1019
    angelams1019 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Yum!! These sound DELISH! :)
  • WifeofPJ
    WifeofPJ Posts: 312
    Options
    look good, I'll have to look at this at home and pin the recipe! Thanks for sharing.
  • daniellerenecollins
    Options
    yum! id have to try this
  • rassha01
    rassha01 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    bumpity bump bump
  • frankyk89
    frankyk89 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jsimler1
    jsimler1 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • littlelaura
    littlelaura Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    these look delish, cant wait to try them.
  • freddi11e
    freddi11e Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    buuuuump
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Bumping too!!!
  • amberecochran
    amberecochran Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Can someone copy and paste the recipe in here for me? My work won't let me access that site for some reason.

pleaseandthankyou :flowerforyou:

Shredded Chicken Cabbage Rolls
    Since these are two recipes in one, I will start off first with the vegetable rice:
    Vegetable rice:
    Parsnips, 1 cup
    Broccoli, 1 cup
    Carrots, 1 large
    Celery, 2 large stalks
    Cilantro, to taste

250 calories for whole serving size of the rice.

Directions:
    It couldn't be any easier. Grate or food process the vegetables and put in a large bowl. Cooking of the vegetable rice would depend on what you are using the rice for. If you are serving as a side with other food, I would add in some rice vinegar or soy sauce and cook in the microwave or lightly cook in a fry pan. It all depends on your desired softness or hardness of the rice. For the stuffed cabbage rolls, put the rice aside as you will cook in with the chicken and sauce as the last step.
    Now we will move into the cabbage roll recipe:
    Cabbage Rolls (15 wraps)

Ingredients:
    Chicken (500 grams)
    Green cabbage, 1 medium or large head
    Black bean sauce
    Cayenne pepper
    Chili flakes or chili paste
    Hoisin sauce
    Cilantro, to taste

Directions

1. Put your chicken breasts in water and bring to boil. Simmer on low. Prepare rest of meal. When chicken is cooked, shred with a fork.
    Making the green cabbage work for me and to turn them into the wraps was the most interesting part of this process. Cut out the "stem" from the green cabbage. Place the cabbage in cold water in a pot and turn to boil. As the cabbage cooks, you will be able to peel off the pieces and place on a plate. I used tongs to peel off the layers and it all happened quite quickly! I then made the sauce, in this case, a simple black bean garlic sauce mixed with hoisin and some chili flakes. I then tossed the shredded chicken with the sauce on medium heat. Add in your vegetable rice and cilantro. I found the mixture was getting a bit dry so I grabbed whatever liquid I had available to help make it saucier so it could cook; in this case it was a Coors Light. Now prep the cabbage wraps. Take the hard part of the stem and slice away. This will help prevent the cabbage roll from breaking when you roll. Lay out your rolls. Add in your filling. Roll from the "stem" part and fold up and then over twice. Then place in pan for final cooking. I cooked on 350' for 15 minutes. It was more to get everything hot and mixed together than anything else.

:happy:
  • mumtoonegirl
    mumtoonegirl Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    pinned!!!! always looking for filling GF recipes, THANK YOU for actually posting a link so much easier to keep track of it.
  • buckshot1969
    Options
    UMM NEW TO THIS WHAT DOES BUMP MEAN
  • ally_cole
    ally_cole Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Bumping for later :-)
  • erinnpinky
    erinnpinky Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the positive feedback!
    You can also follow me on facebook by liking my Facebook page to get access to all the recipes. Facebook.com/pinkspantry

I tried with red cabbage the other day and it was also just as tasty. I added a little tomato sauce to that version and melted a little of cheese on top in the oven.
  • lklkl5
    lklkl5 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jfauci
    jfauci Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Definitely bumping for later!!
  • jfauci
    jfauci Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    UMM NEW TO THIS WHAT DOES BUMP MEAN

If you want to find this thread later, you are bumping it into your topics so it's easier to find :happy: