Weekend Challenge

2»

Replies

• blondeheat
    blondeheat Posts: 254 Member
    I am in for a fourth of July weekend challenge. I will certainly need the extra motivation. I was looking at another exercise challenge and 100 lb challenge and people reported some goals and progress more specifically. Anyone have suggestions that would help accountability for the weekend challenge group?

I know how you feel sassycat, I went to Mexican too. It's so tough cause I love the greasy cheese and Margaritas!! I had water and tortilla soup!! The key is to plan ahead I think.
  • natalie424
    natalie424 Posts: 320
    I will need the extra motivation as well!

I think for the July 4th Challenge we should definitely set goals that we want to accomplish over the long weekend. It will be hard because of the bbqs and picnics, but we should decide what things are most important to us individually and work toward those goals.

I will probably focus on specific exercise goals, drinking extra water (as I will probably have a few cocktails) and not overindulging too much! I will think about what goals I want to accomplish and post them later.
  • count me in for the 4th
    I know we all can do it
    :heart: :smile:
  • 2day4ever
    2day4ever Posts: 178
    Knowing this Challenge was something I'd committed to helped a lot. I did okay over the weekend. I had a few chips and a couple cookies but stayed at my goal calories. Worked out a little both Sat and Sun.

Definitely want to commit to a 4th of July w/e challenge . . . the long w/e, full of great food, is going to be challenging for sure.
  • catiepink
    catiepink Posts: 22 Member
    I did good. I stayed around 1200 calories and did alot of walking for exercise. The challenge was good, because it was on my mind and kept me focused. Thanks!! :flowerforyou:
  • theGuest
    theGuest Posts: 117 Member
    to the love,

where did you get your counter??
  • kendra_b
    kendra_b Posts: 3
    Wow. Glad I came across this thread. I'm in for next weekend, too. Weekends do me in...well, um....every week. I've been at this now for two weeks. Nice to be more accountable, but still haven't lost a pound (as I sit here drinking a glass of red wine...a small one). Loving the site so far.!!
  • blondeheat
    My "weekend" will start on Thursday this week. We are going to my father-in-laws to visit, sister-in-law is in the state (Iowa). I have already started to plan so I can have a successful day. Bought a South Beach wrap for lunch cause we will be driving, the rest of the family will have fast food. I am going to get up early and squeeze in a workout. I am planning to bring vegetables to snack on before dinner. Next I need to check out Pizza Hut menus to see if there is anything I can get cause I am sure that's where we will get dinner!

I am not sure what I am doing the rest of the weekend DH has to leave Sun for business trip so I will have to get early workout that day also.

What are your plans to evade a food free for all this weekend?
  • natalie424
    natalie424 Posts: 320
    I am not going away for the holiday weekend so that will make it much easier to plan meals. I will just have to limit my food and beer intake on the 4th! I want to make sure that I get some time for exercise each day.
  • huskergal15
    huskergal15 Posts: 102
    I am so in for this weekend.... long weekend, BBQ's and booze :drinker: will make it difficult, but I need all the weekend help I can get!!!
  • blondeheat
    So I didn't do get (ie really bad) on Thurs and Friday. Yesterday I made it within calories, that included an imprompt to grill out. There was beer and I stuck to my Crystal Light :tongue: The beer was my enemy the last two days.:bigsmile:
  • sassycat
    sassycat Posts: 108
    So I didn't do get (ie really bad) on Thurs and Friday. Yesterday I made it within calories, that included an imprompt to grill out. There was beer and I stuck to my Crystal Light :tongue: The beer was my enemy the last two days.:bigsmile:

Good for you!! You have more will power than I do! I am back, just now returning from vacation. I was bad since the 4th of July:devil:
    I have started back on my routine (the good routine today). I have to get back on track--I feel like crap :sick: since I "fell from the wagon".

It is so hard when you have to cook for four other people!!:grumble:
  • blondeheat
    I went crazy on Sun, but was exhausted after my triathlon. I stopped at Casey's and got tons of junk.:grumble: If I do another, I will have to plan post race food to prevent that!! Good news is I was right back on Monday. Usually a slip up like that would take two weeks to get myself in to a healthy eating groove.:drinker:
  • snowflowr82
    snowflowr82 Posts: 141 Member
    Are we gonna try and challenge this next weekend too?? If so i'm in. Today i had some tostitos and cheese but so far today haven't went over calories since i worked out quite a bit today... everything else ive eaten has been good for me veggies and fruit.... And i already have planned dinner to be brown rice and veggie stir fry and 1/2 a grapefruit i'm just drooling thinking about it :love: :bigsmile:

I wish you all luck we can do this !!!!

shari