BMR am i doing something wrong?

Options
Hi all... MFP set me 1200 calories as goal... but then i check something about BMR at settings...and it says just by living, my body needs 1666 calories... so which one counts?... im 165cm height, weight 74kg, im 20 and male...

So far i've been sticking to eat 1200 calories(and eating back burned calories) the whole week... so, 1200 is ok right?

Replies

• jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    Umm. Good news is you're not going to die. You're just going to be really grumpy and lethargic while you lower your metabolism.

You seem to have set at 2 lb/week loss. How about you set MFP at 0.5 pounds per week loss and go from there? You're not horribly overweight, and 1200 is ridiculous for a young man.
  • bryn10
    bryn10 Posts: 44
    Options
    If you haven't already, read the post below. LOTS of helpful information. MFP suggests a 1200 calories diet to many people because of the settings they input. It's not a magic number and you most likely need more calories. I use TDEE-20% and I've been steadily losing AND I don't feel like I've had to starve or "give up" anything :)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/912920-in-place-of-a-road-map-3-2013

Good luck friend!
  • ChinoWong
    ChinoWong Posts: 14
    Options
    Yep just some kg of overweight but still i aint got muscles i mean... i want to reduce all fat so that i could gain clean muscle... but i dont want to be a whole year trying to burn just some kg... thats why i stayed with the 1200 cal :| btw thanks for the reply :)
  • ChinoWong
    ChinoWong Posts: 14
    Options
    If i add more calories, wouldnt my body stay in its current weight?... im at 1200 because my goal is to burn fat ... actually im eating almost 2000 cal per day since i burn like 800~... btw thanks for the reply :)