Does myfitnesspal really work? Please help :-)

Options

Replies

• C12254
    C12254 Posts: 198
    Options
    MFP doesn't work. You do.

But yes, MFP is an awesome tool to help you get where you want to be and STAY THERE.
    this
  • irjeffb
    irjeffb Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Yes.
  • EmmaKarney
    EmmaKarney Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    It works for me because I can be realistic about what I eat - in the past if I over ate I would just write off the day and then go to hell with it and eat as much as I could for the rest of the day.

Or - I would eat "healthy things" but note realise just how many calories were in things - like granola and yoghurt for example - packs a serious calorific punch!
  • 1JenMilam
    1JenMilam Posts: 108 Member
    Options

But yes, MFP is an awesome tool to help you get where you want to be and STAY THERE.

Couldn't say it better myself!
  • WalkingMermaid_
    WalkingMermaid_ Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    YES!! It works and then some! Be sure to log your food/exercise everyday, eat enough calories, eat your exercise calories, weigh in regularly if you choose to and just stick with it. You will see results and educate yourself at the same time. MFP has been a life changer for me :)

Feel free to add me, I'm online everyday supporting others and posting motivating quotes etc :)
  • rachelwarner32
    rachelwarner32 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Yes it works! I love having so many people supporting me. I know exactly how I put on this weight. There are some foods that I was eating thinking they weren't that bad. Once I looked at calories I now realize a cheese quesadilla from applebees is over 1300 calories and I only get 1440 for the day!!!! Not worth it! I now eat a salad almost every day for lunch because I get to eat more and still lose weight. It doesn't lose the weight for you but gives you the tools to help you be successful!
  • Timmmy40
    Timmmy40 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I don't know if mfp works. I have lost 130lbs so far. 110lbs was with fat secret and a friend introduced me to this site a few months later, and I have been hooked ever since. If you are dedicated to losing the fat, and you push yourself daily then it works. You are what makes this website work. The wonderful people on here are what makes it work. Make a stand today to do this for yourself and make it happen. If you would like to add me then send a request. Keep Punching! All Is Possible! It Is A Choice! No Excuses! Never Quit!!
  • kathyhamiltonn
    kathyhamiltonn Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hmmm, maybe it takes determination to stay disciplined:wink:
  • freemind990
    Options
    yes it does , as long as you do what is recommended by the app , I know it works because I lost more than 40 pounds in less than three months . I still have 30 to go but I'm sure that I will lose them
  • dreamingofhealthy
    dreamingofhealthy Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I see you've been a member since 2009... were you just not logging all that time? is that why your "very new to this?"
  • SteelySunshine
    SteelySunshine Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    It works if used as directed or even if you do something like go outside protein or carb recommendations as long as you don't go over on calories. You can do it the easy way, eating foods low in calories, but high in fiber, protein, and volume. Or, you can do it the hard way by eating what you were eating only a lot less of it. Either way if you create a deficit you will lose weight.
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    MFP is an awesome tool. It only works if you work it. If you put in the time to log your food honestly and faithfully, and exercize and make good food choices...yes, it works. And it actually is easier than you might think.
  • chadraeder3
    chadraeder3 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    MFP is a tool that is all it is, you are the one who makes weight loss happen.You can eat and not exercise like you do now and no amount of calorie counting will make you loose any weight. If you make a decision that you will loose weight, eat healthy, get fit, build muscle or whatever you want and work to make it happen.
  • cutiepie2628
    cutiepie2628 Posts: 415 Member
    Options

What she said! Heck yeah.. it works::smokin: :heart:
  • inthedistrict
    inthedistrict Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I've been here since end of May and love this Site. People are so supportive. When I had a bad day and still logged it, MFP told me where I would be in 5 weeks if I ate like that everyday and it was about 15 lb heavier. Sure enough the next day I went up 5 lb and it took me another week to get back to where I started. That was a huge lesson for me. MFP also sends you motivational summaries when you have a good day and do well. If you are the type of person who needs that feedback, you'll do well, just have to see all the testimonials from others to realize that
  • kamishagirl
    kamishagirl Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    yes MFP absolutely does work, but you have to use it honestly and consistently. I have had great success counting calories and working out, but once I stop, I gain the weight back. Consistency is key.....and staying within your calorie limits. Good luck with your goals!
  • TheKeithEllis
    TheKeithEllis Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    As long as you accept that all MFP is is simply a logging tool and that YOU are completely accountable for sticking with your daily calories that MFP dictates (or you can dictate if you wish), then it will work... It's a scientific certainty! I did my first 4-5 months on here without any real exercise done and lost nearly 2 of the 3 stone I have lost (40lbs to date). I have never bought into the diet plans that are out there, it's a senseless waste of money to me - they all require dedication and basic calorie counting is no different. Good luck. :O)
  • Sul3i
    Sul3i Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Sure does heres proof <<----
  • govinda70
    govinda70 Posts: 26
    Options
    it does. I started about 70 days ago. and it s the first time I found it easy to track your Food and calories and through that lose weight
  • d9123
    d9123 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I'll let u know in about 2 months ;)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!