2 1/2 years I've lost 160lbs, and maintaining perfect now.

Options

Replies

• EDollah
    EDollah Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Excellent work! I do have one question. On the chart on your site, it looks like you actually had an increase in the rate of weight loss in the latter part of your loss phase, specifically from Aug-Oct 2012. Usually the biggest gains are at the beginning but yours were at the end (if I'm reading the chart correctly). Did you do anything different during that time or what would you attribute the increase in rate of loss to?
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, that's a great job.
  • GlassslippersAndFairyDust
    Options
    You look amazing. Thanks for sharing your journey. :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • JeffStandley
    Options
    Excellent work! I do have one question. On the chart on your site, it looks like you actually had an increase in the rate of weight loss in the latter part of your loss phase, specifically from Aug-Oct 2012. Usually the biggest gains are at the beginning but yours were at the end (if I'm reading the chart correctly). Did you do anything different during that time or what would you attribute the increase in rate of loss to?

Here is a better look at the charts from the first 6 months and the last 6 months. I was thinking 70 in the first 6, but it looks like it was 60lbs the first 6 and another 60lbs the last six months, I think it just looks different on the larger scale. Here the two graphs a little larger.
    I'm actually heading to the gym right now but I will be back in a few to explain the differences between the graphs, exercises, and eating later. :)

The first 6 months, January 4th 2011-July-ish
    weight02.jpg

The last 6 months, July-ish to January 28th 2013
    weight01.jpg

Real quickly, here is the almost year long plateau, July-ish - July-ish Only 20lbs lost over this year.
    weight03.jpg
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    You don't even look like the same guy, wow!! great job, you should be very proud of yourself (as I am sure you are :)
  • Harlequinndancer
    Harlequinndancer Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    That is incredible! Well done! It's good to know that if weight is lost lower than one would like, it can prevent too much loose skin. That's been one of my concerns too..
  • NeverTooLateForChange
    NeverTooLateForChange Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    So inspirational. Awesome work. I have been a slow loser too and I think it has helped me with skin issues. I am greatful for that as well. I also think it is easier to adjust overall when you are a slow loser (I keep finding positive spins on slow losing to keep myself calm and patient). I've also recently started lifting heavy. I am following Nia Shanks "Beautiful Badass" program. I am hoping this will help in toning and tightening. My husband has also been awesome. Congrats on your success. Nicely done.
  • watercolormama
    watercolormama Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Good for you....what an inspiration. I only had to lose 10 lbs but I think the maintenance thing is way more challenging than losing. Nice to see your success..
  • tayjenks08
    tayjenks08 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    This is amazing! great story! Thanks for sharing, i wish to share this type of story some day.
  • Gwen_B
    Gwen_B Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! You look amazing!!!
  • JeffStandley
    Options
    Thank you everyone.

Another huge thing for my success is meal preparation. Having meals ready to grab in the morning has made a huge improvement in sticking too a healthy lifestyle. I spend a night or two a week making meals for the next 5-6 days and it saves me so much time.
  • 99Tinkerbell
    99Tinkerbell Posts: 384
    Options
    So awesome for you...You are a great inspiration! :smile: :smile: :smile:
  • rachdun
    rachdun Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    You look great - congratulations. Thanks for sharing your story.
  • daydream_believer
    Options
    I have just made this transition into maintenance.. and lets just say you have given me hope that I can do it! absolutely incredible work. congratulations and keep it up! :)
  • mookybargirl
    mookybargirl Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    You look amazing. Huge congratulations to you for getting the weight off and for keeping it off :flowerforyou:
  • leina257
    leina257 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    It always amazes me how determined people can be! WOW 160 pounds?! You look great!
  • WRXymama
    WRXymama Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Seriously inspiring! Thank you for being a friend. So blessed to have you in my corner!
  • JeffStandley
    Options
    Absolutely! Glad I can help anyone with this.
  • prattiger65
    prattiger65 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Dude, I don't reply to success stories........but man, you killed it! Congrats on the new you.
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    Serious props on a job well done! I am very impressed with the lack of any loose skin thanks to the slower loss.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!