5:2 fast diet

Options
Yet again trying to loose weight, This time I am doing the 5;2 fast diet and exercise, anyone else tried this?

Replies

• Tamie_Girl
    Tamie_Girl Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Yes, I am. I watched the BBC documentary the other night and was fascinated and decided to try it. My first Fast Day was this past Tuesday. I think this is so do-able. I lost 4 pounds in one day.

Friend me and we can "cheer" each other on. :flowerforyou:

~Tamie

:drinker:
  • farway
    farway Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Yet again trying to loose weight, This time I am doing the 5;2 fast diet and exercise, anyone else tried this?

There are a few mfp groups on 5.2, but be aware it is not aimed at weight loss but health and longevity. The weight loss is a by product, and 5.2 is for life, not a couple of months
  • AndorZensko
    AndorZensko Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I have never heard of the 5:2 diet, from your conversations it sounded like you eat 5 days and fast 2 days. Can someone please explain.
  • april_mesk
    april_mesk Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Yes, I am. I watched the BBC documentary the other night and was fascinated and decided to try it. My first Fast Day was this past Tuesday. I think this is so do-able. I lost 4 pounds in one day.

Friend me and we can "cheer" each other on. :flowerforyou:

~Tamie

:drinker:

I just started this week too and my first day was Tuesday and today is my second. When I weighed in Wed I lost a pound. Of course, this could be water weight but, I think this is going to help me with my plateau.
  • pienapil
    pienapil Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I don't know much about this diet but it looks interesting,
    Are the fasting days no food at all or very restricted amounts of food?
    Do you find yourself really low in energy on the fasting days or are they ok?
    Thanks,
    Cat :smile:
  • april_mesk
    april_mesk Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I don't know much about this diet but it looks interesting,
    Are the fasting days no food at all or very restricted amounts of food?
    Do you find yourself really low in energy on the fasting days or are they ok?
    Thanks,
    Cat :smile:

You eat your normal amount 5 days a week and depending if you are male or female you eat a limited amount of calories 600 for men and 500 for women. You can basically get the idea from the info online or watch the documentary. I have found the fast days difficult ( I have only done two including today). I do feel better today and am going to try and stick with it.
  • runawayescape
    runawayescape Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Bump for future reference :)
  • FinchBuffalo
    Options
    Thanks for the reply all. I am on my first fast day today. I wanted to start last week, but was off work and found it really tough at home. But at work today was much easier and much more doable. It's definitely worth reading the book The Fast Diet, Dr Michael Mosley and Mimi Spencer to give you the back ground and strategies.
  • RisiM
    RisiM Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I'm doing this too, but doing 2 normal days then a fast day. Started about 6 weeks ago and have lost a pound a week, have to admit I find the fast days easier than the other days because I can eat for 'England' those days. It does teach you though that you don't get hungrier and hungrier it just comes in waves which you can cope with.
  • mggriso
    mggriso Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I have been on this for about 4 weeks now. I am finding it surprisingly easy on fast days. I have joined this site to keep a close note of what I eat on fast days so I dont exceed 500 calories. Also I think I may be overdoing it a bit on non fast days. However I have lost 5 or 6lbs and definately lost inches as clothes fit better. Will carry on and see as I have loads to lose.:smile:
  • Leslie1124
    Leslie1124 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I started this last week. I'd like to join a group on here for it but havent found one. I havent found the fast days to be hard at all. I eat two poached eggs in the morning. a good amount of vegetables (steamed or grilled) at lunch and then for dinner more grilled vegetables and a boneless, skinless grilled chicken thigh. If i dont have the chicken i treat myself to a lorna doone short bread cookie 100 cal pack. I stay under or right at my 500 calories for the day. and I stay full considering.
  • stilltoochubby
    stilltoochubby Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I've started this week and today is my first fasting day. So far, 2 coffees with skimmed milk (27cals) and 200g strawberries for breakfast (a surprisingly low 64cals!). I need this to work, so hoping to buddy up with others for support :)
  • Annie83uk
    Annie83uk Posts: 128
    Options
    sounds interesting but i go by what mfp says to eat and exercise and i lose at least a pound a week, no different to what you guys are losing. good luck though, if it works for you then do it. :smile:
  • alexistai
    Options
    I lost around 25 pounds in 3 months. What I did was to control the calories what I should eat everyday. Another important to do is to go to gym to run approx. 30 minutes and some muscle training. I found running was very effective to me to lose weight, nothing better than that so far.

I have started 5:2 fasting last week but it seems not very effective to help me to lose weight, but I like to lower the IGF-1 as mentioned in BBC to reduce the risk of cancer, diabetic and stroke etc.

I have targeted to reduce the weight to 165 lbs., still have 17.4 lbs to go! Hope everyone have success in losing weight and getting healthier!!!!!
  • keeptehpeace
    keeptehpeace Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm also trying this out :smile: the group for it is here http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/7953-5-2-fasting