I Broke 200!

Options
islandnutshel
islandnutshel Posts: 1,143 Member
I broke 200 this morning. I know this isn't a success story yet but considering I have tried diets for the last 5 years that have'nt got me past this number. Funny how I prevously lost the same 10-15 pounds at least 10 times. I feel strongly that this time is different. I have new tools. Counting calories does work. I have only added moderate exercise because of my back condition, but this slow, steady, method is working great. The other thing different is that I've have a support group. Independence didn't work. Thanks for your support.

Replies

• tw1970
    tw1970 Posts: 10
    Options
    Congrats and GREAT JOB! I get really excited every time I get to my next "mini goal". I feel better about myself and my choice to get healthier!
    Keep up the awesome work.:smile:
  • mariasal
    Options
    Congrats! I just broke 200 last week and I know how amazing that feels. Keep up the great work!!! Cheers to never seeing that dreadful "2" in the front of our weight ever again!!!
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    every milestone is a success story...never ever minimize your successes.....cheer away, brag and be happy you have reached an amazing goal....i will be shouting from the rooftop when i finally get to 199....i have been trying since january 2008.....seriously you guys wait until i get there...i might just hire a plane to fly a banner LOL....
    congratulations and keep up the hard work...your next goal is right around the corner....
  • tex43
    tex43 Posts: 229
    Options
    Congrats ,that is definitely a success story,good for you!:smile:

My mini goal for a long long time has been to break 200,I'm at 207 now,been at a plateu for a few weeks ,wish me luck!
  • fun_mom
    fun_mom Posts: 54
    Options
    Good for you! Your motivation for me. I only have 5 more pounds before I no longer see that hated 2 ! Keep up the good work. We are rooting for you!
  • Ayre
    Ayre Posts: 15
    Options
    Love seeing that 2 is no longer a number I see on my scale in the mornings anymore! Keep up your hard work and before you know it, the ones will keep coming and the tens will keep going down. Best wishes to your success!
  • Joyjmb
    Joyjmb Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    So smiley for you! I would be doing cartwheels! Can't wait to get there myself - thanks for the motivation to keep going.
  • Van3ssa_2468
    Van3ssa_2468 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!!
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! :drinker:

Not only on your weight loss but, on your realization that "diets don't work". You've made a lifestyle change that you can live with for the rest of your life. Not only will you be lighter, but you will be healthy!! :flowerforyou:
  • addiograsso
    Options
    Congratulations to you! That is a huge milestone. I have a LONG way to go to get there - NEVER, EVER thought I'd be saying that. I remember when FAT was 180! Congrats again and good luck - the small battles will win you the big weightloss war! :smile:
  • craftsmeow
    Options
    When I reached that goal I called it "one-derland" and so you are now in ONEderland!! Congratulations. It is a super feeling!!
  • eve180
    eve180 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!! Breaking 200 is one of my goals as well. I wish you the best on your success.
  • nanmosta1
    Options
    Huge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!That is so great,congratulations and great work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • brittonymiller
    brittonymiller Posts: 2,061 Member
    Options
    That is amazing! CONGRATS! Keep it up and be proud of what you have accomplished.
  • knittygirl52
    knittygirl52 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Hooray for you! I'm getting close -- maybe this week, maybe the next. There's something about the 200 mark--you need to be about 6'3" and a guy for that to be an appropriate weight, so you can't pretend you aren't fat when you weigh over 200. So exciting. Keep up the good work.
  • islandnutshel
    islandnutshel Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Thank you, I like the idea of flying a banner. Funny how a number can mean so much. Seriously, thanks for celebrating this milestone with me. It's a push in the right direction.
  • shell1205
    shell1205 Posts: 138
    Options
    That is AWESOME!!!! That is one of my min-goals too, and I'm 2.3 pounds away as of this morning... I'll be jumping for joy when that happens, and you should too!!!!

CONGRATS!!
  • hozik
    hozik Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I'm so happy for you. Take pride in your accomplishment....slow and steady wins the race. Your victory gives me encouragement to keep going as I near 199. Wishing you continued success:smile:
  • californiajuls
    californiajuls Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Way to go! I am hoping to join you soon. Keep up the good work. I have also been playing with the same 20 lbs for over 10 years. It might be a mind block for me.

1630152.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • jdarden1963
    Options
    That's great. I agree with some of the others, every pound lost is something to be celebrated and proud of. Keep up the good work. =):flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!