NEED SUGGESTIONS!

Options
:happy:
I need help in coming up with low calorie lunches! I really do not have nay ideas. Thanks for your support!
BTW, what is a bump?

Replies

• cccathyyy
    cccathyyy Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    A bump is when you reply to a page to save it onto your recent posts... that way you can find it later :).

A great low cal lunch is hummus and veggies (I love the Sabra brand hummus)...
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    My favorite low-cal lunches are my leftover dinners! Lean protein and lots of veggies. When I make dinner, I try to make extras so that I can pack some for lunches.
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    oops! double post! :tongue:
  • Lizzy1978
    Options
    No idea what a bump is. Hee hee. My favorite low calorie lunches:

~Flaxseed flatbread wrap made with light ranch, lots of fresh greens, smoked turkey and black pepper
    ~Salad - you can eat hella salad if you go with light dressing and skip the cheese
    ~Lean pockets

Some good sides are pretzels, lowfat cottage cheese, fruit, baby carrots, grape tomatoes or homeade pudding made with lowfat milk. Hope this helps. I know we all have different tastes. Also, I like to drink V8. It feels like a treat to have something besides water, but it has almost no calories and it packs some extra veggies into your diet.
  • mrsf17
    mrsf17 Posts: 32
    Options
    Hummus is a great lunch idea thanks!

Are you near a whole foods? They have a great low fat tuna salad and the whole container is only 105 calories. I do this in a wrap or over salad for a really filling, very low cal lunch. I also do sandwiches pretty often with a side of fruit. Have you tried Ezekiel bread? It actually has a good amount of protein and makes any sandwich much more filling.
  • Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    A cup a soup and lovely crusty roll, followed by a fat free yogurt makes a great low cal lunch!
  • khk2010
    khk2010 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I thought a bump was a– Way to go! Good job! I agree with you. like a hi-5.
  • thedreamhazer
    thedreamhazer Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    I like tuna salad with veggies. I take a can of tuna (packed in water and drained), 1.5-2 tbsp low-fat mayonnaise, and then some celery seed and dill to taste (and maybe a little hot mustard). Then, I dip veggies in it -- zucchini and baby carrots are really good!
  • somaja
    somaja Posts: 21
    Options
    I love doing the Arnolds thin whole wheat bread with Turkey and a slice of 2% pepper Jack cheese. I then let it back in the oven for a few mins to melt the cheese. I usually eat that with baked chips. Yummy and easy!:smile:
  • Msbooka1
    Msbooka1 Posts: 14
    Options
    A great low cal lunch is a wheat tortilla with light mayo, turkey deli slices, 2% cheese(sliced or shredded), and a teaspoon of your favorite mustard. You can put it in the microwave for about 15 seconds or choose to eat it cold. With a side of fruit, yogurt, or baby carrots.