New and ready to give and receive support!

Options
Hey everyone! I'm 24, female and about to start a lot of new journeys in my life. I've always been overweight, but the past two years put on an additional 60 pounds to what used to be my heaviest weight! Things have gotten out of control. I've tried tons of diets during my short life, and have even attempted my fitnesspal a few times but I told myself this time I am very serious and very motivated. I really want to change my life. I am in very poor health and have recently really been feeling my additional weight. At only 24, things have to change. My goal is to lose 100 pounds at least through exercise, eating healthy and calorie counting.

I also want to stay very active online so any friends or support I can have would be so appreciated! And I'd like to think I'm a good supporter too!!!

Please message me or add me! I would love to hear from anyone-tips, stories, questions, or even if you need help yourself.

-Cara :)

Replies

• lovebird89
    Options
    Question number one: Any articles or tips you guys have for a first week or two meal plan for someone starting from the very beginning? I am planning my meals for the next two weeks and grocery shopping tomorrow!
  • mothsfkinprincess
    Options
    Hey, girl! You should add me! I'm 25 and have been gaining ridiculous amounts of weight in the passed year and definitely need to lose 100lbs!!! and need new friends! HMU!
  • patricia13ornelas
    Options
    You can add me as well, I am trying to lose 60 more lbs, would love to have and give support, I really don't have anyone on here to do that with, I am older than you and in the health care field....add me...:) And anyone else who wants to add me....feel free..:)
  • patricia13ornelas
    Options
    Chicken breast, lean means, String cheese, greek yogart, fruit, veggies, the Special K cracker chips are good for that MUST have a snack ...130 cal for 27 chips..:) Pretzels, Almond milk, try to stay away from milk due to the high sugars.....There are so many things that are good for you....BUT a rule of thumb, Shop the outside of your market....if its in a isle then chances are it is highly processed ...
  • holliddd
    holliddd Posts: 28
    Options
    I use sparks recipes for my meal planning. For snacks we do nuts, fruit, veggies. I found a few good recipes for protein balls on sparks. there is a banana choc one I really liked and is great for post workouts:) Right now my husband and I are doing the advocare 24 day challenge. We will see how it works. Keeping me from eating all the sweets I normally would have given into! Feel free to add me if you want!
  • leina257
    leina257 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm new too! I would love to help you through your journey as well.
  • Andiv67
    Andiv67 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hey. I'm Andrea and I read your post. Although I am 46, I think we can support each other. I have been overweight for 15 years now and I need to lose 200 ibs. This is my 4th day on MFP and i have met my goals for each day so far. How are you doing?
  • hannaisthebest
    Options
    hi my name is Hanna and im a young girl trying to get "the" body before I waste more time then when I was given. im 172ibs and im 5'7. I been finally back on mfp sense school is finally out ones again. I never really looked at my body until last summer when I was going to get into shape with a friend... yeah friendships don't last lol but im going to prove to myself that I still have the encouragement I had last summer and give it my all ones again but this time better then ever!
  • mbs439
    mbs439 Posts: 17
    Options
    Welcome! I would love to give/receive support on here too, so feel free to add me! I'm 21, in the worst shape of my life, and wanting to lose 80 pounds.

An easy way to get started on eating right is with those frozen meals by Lean Cuisine or Healthy Choice. They're easy to log in on here and can give you a good idea about what the right portion sizes are.
  • Beautyandthebeef
    Options
    I am fairly new too and have so much weight to lose!! This has been helping so much though! gl and welcome!!
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    Giving and receiving are very important in every relationship.
  • hannahblakenz
    hannahblakenz Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am starting fresh again today - I am trying to get pregnant with my third bub and I gained a lot when I got pregnant with my first. Before that, I had lost 49kg (which I think is about 100 pounds) and was feeling fabulous and now I am nearly back to where I started. MFP works, I have a friend who has lost 20kgs since January using it, and I lost nealry 8kgs recently but fell off the wagon and gained back a few of the kgs. So now I am starting fresh. Here I go....
  • kyl33grac3
    Options
    Hey! Congrats on your decision to become A healthier you! I'm 26 with just over 60 lbs total to lose. Like you, I've been over weight for a good portion of life. I'd be honored to give you as much support on your journey as you need!
  • lovebird89
    Options
    Sparks recipes is new to me so I will have to try it. Thanks for the tip!
  • innertruth
    innertruth Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Lovebird,

Please add me as a friend. In 2006 I lost 120lbs using sensible ideas and working out too much. I say this because of illness I gained back 140lbs. I visited a nutritionist for 1 year and realized many things such as food is fuel and not a treat even though it is so yummy. I went overboard working out 2 hours each day seven days a week...that is not the key...balance is. I thought I was happy but I still saw myself as big as I was even at 128 lbs . Today my goal is 140 or 150lbs. The nutritionist explained that we need 1/2 plate veggies 1/4 protein and 1/4 carbs. Avoid diet pop bcc it activates your taste buds for sugar and make you hungry. dilute 1/4 juice to water and add salt for Gatorade kind of drinks...the nutritionist I saw coached some players from the Canadian hockey team. Let me know how you are doing... A good old site is food fit.com.
  • innertruth
    innertruth Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Ps. I know what you keen about diets. I was on the boil egg and vegetable soup diet at age 9
  • FidelerMommy
    FidelerMommy Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, My name is Sheila. I'm a 21 year old stay-at-home wife and mommy of 2 girls (2 yrs. old and 9 months old). I'm at my heaviest of 248 lbs, after 2 back to back pregnancies, and living a pretty sedentary lifestyle. I've been saying I'm going to diet and lose weight since I was about 14, and have never had enough support. I'm sincere about it this time, because none of my clothes fit, my husband is 100 lbs lighter than me, and all my sister-in-laws are way skinnier than me (the family pictures with me in them make me feel way worse). My goal is to lose 100 lbs by my 23rd birthday (July 17, 2014). I would love to have you ladies to talk to as well. :) I'm not doing any fancy diets or classes (I don't have the money or baby sitters), so I'm just trying to replace my junk food with good food, and eating smaller portions. I go for a 2.07 mile walk with my girls every day that it doesn't rain (I'm in Ohio, so that could be 0-7 days a week :P), and I'm going to start doing 30-day shred tonight. :) Add me if you'd like.