Working out from home

Options
I just decided to take the stress off myself by cancelling my gym membership. It made me sad every evening. I will start working out from home but I want to see results. I don't hate myself but I know I'm not pleased at this size. Looking at pictures of when I was losing weight has me motivated yet scared.

What would be so good tips for making working out at home better? I have 30ds and that's it as of workouts. I also know I can't do any of those expensive videos because it's a lot of plyometrics and my feet will not allow that for long. I know things in the kitchen will have to be gone such as tea,cereal and probable fruit.

Replies

• sally_jeffswife
    sally_jeffswife Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    If you have the Netflix DVD service you can request fitness dvds in your que and they will send like 3 out at a time and then when you send them bk they will send the next ones in your que. That's a good deal and if you like them you can get them on amazon after you try them out or somewhere else online. I go on the Tellwut survey site and once you get up to so many points than you can get a amazon gift card and then I usually buy a workout dvd on amazon and get it really cheap that way. I would pick up a good set of weights either like 4,6,8 lbs or 5,10,12 lbs whatever you are comfortable with. And a light and a heavy kettlebell. If you like weight workouts I really like Kettlenetics with Michelle Khai that one comes with the light kettlebell to start so thats a good value and she is a very clear instructor, or Crunch total body resculpt with Kendall Hogan is a good overall one for when you are starting out, If you want something a little more difficult the advanced Kettlenetics or any of the Jari Love workouts are phenomenal. If you like dance Billy Blanks JR has some of the funnest ones I have tried. Madonna Grimes is awesome if you are a pretty good dancer and want something with a bit more challenge. Or if you want something with fun Gospel Music Sweatin in the Spirit with Donna Richardson Joyner is pretty good. If you want good total body workouts Tae Bo is always awesome,The Billy Blanks Bootcamp ones are really good the Lower Body Bootcamp one is a super good workout is challenging for me I can tell how in shape I am doing that one. The best Ab one I have tried is the Madonna Grimes Sexy Fit abs you have to get that one on her personal website though I haven't seen that one up on amazon yet but you can get it on her web page. Its a really good one for abs with alot of good excercises. Just depends on what you like if its more dance or more aerobic. But these are some I own that I really have liked alot and seen some success with.
  • OMGitzj3551k4
    OMGitzj3551k4 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I workout from home and I think it's the best thing I've ever done. No need to pay for a gym when you have free access to fitness videos right on youtube!

I'm a member of blogilates.com and its a pilates based workout system. All the videos are on youtube! It's by an adorable asian fitness guru and she even creates a monthly workout calendar for you. How awesome is that?! I've lost 21 lbs by doing her videos and combining it with cardio every day.

I hope this helps!
  • allisonsirius
    Options
    First make sure you have a tidy, clean work out area. A nice space makes you want to be there. Then check out the variety of work out DVDs available from your library. If you have a smart phone or tablet, look for free apps. I love love love Nike Training Club, but there are many free apps available, it kind of surprised me. Also, don't feel you have to follow e wry mi ute of the DVD exactly modify the moves to he.p you be comfortable, maybe a personal trainer session or two with a focus on adapting typical DVD moves to your exact needs would be helpful.
  • jojo86xdd
    jojo86xdd Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    There are a ton of workouts available on youtube that you can do at home. Amazon always has great deals on used workout DVDs as well as weights and such.
  • Lynne_Cota2013
    Options
    I love Jillian Michaels 30 day shred and It is on YouTube. Also, go onto Pinterest and search for specific exercises. There are lots of great ideas on there. Good luck!!
  • Goddessmaker1
    Goddessmaker1 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Thank you all!!! I was scared to come back in here because I just got the most nasty email I have ever gotten from someone I don't even know on this site. I just tided my living room and did some digging on Youtube and found quite a bit. That makes me happy. I will get a dvd player as well for the two videos I do have. YOU all rock and really just boosted my motivation.
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Check out Fitness Blender and Be Fit on Youtube, I also have various Jillian Michaels dvds and Turbo Fire. You can try your local library. I've been working out from home for over a year, wouldn't have it any other way.
  • SilverLotusGirl
    SilverLotusGirl Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Go to youtube, FitnessBlender, XHIT, and BeFit are good channels to start with. If you don't mind female trainers, I'm really really enjoying Jessica Smith's youtube channel she also posts a plethora of stuff. They have a lot of videos of differing types and lengths. Just click around youtube to see what workouts are posted and do those. If you find one you like or a trainer you like go to Amazon and by some used DVDs. Heck, if the weather is nice where you are and you don't have allergies slap on some sun block and go for a walk. Working out from home or sans gym has a LOT of options now.
  • HPLW0705
    HPLW0705 Posts: 102
    Options
    I noticed that Hip Hop Abs is on sale at beach body for $19.95. I haven't done it, but I've heard it's relatively low impact and for $20, that really isn't a bad price.