Piloxing

Options
I saw a post that was along the same lines as my question regarding Piloxing. Does anyone know how many calories are burned doing 60 mins of piloxing????? I used the calorie counter on www.healthstatus.com and it calculated 783. I've added this to the database but I think that sounds like a lot! Piloxing is a great workout though and this could be correct??? Any comments are appreciated!

Replies

• Beth720
    Beth720 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    What the heck is piloxing?
  • Vanishing_Gordies
    Options
    Piloxing is awesome. Combines kickboxing, pilates and some ballet moves. Wonderful workout - and it could very well be it burns that many calories. Only way to know for sure is to get an hrm, but you could count it as kickboxing in the database.
  • RTricia
    RTricia Posts: 720
    Options
    oh my goodness.... hey, as long as you're active. This is new to me.
  • sansan042000
    Options
    Pilates combined with boxing! I go to the YMCA and its a new class they are offering. I absolutely love it! Our class has grown like crazy also...check it out online! Just google Piloxing and the main website will pop up.
  • HalfofHilary
    Options
    I just started Piloxing yesterday morning!! it is an amazing workout!!! I don't know about the cal burn, so for now I am not logging it.
  • sansan042000
    Options
    The more I look into it, the more I think that around 783 is correct! I added it to the database but anybody out there that know a more accurate calculation, just add yours. Does the database have Zumba yet?
  • Cleezer
    Options
    i looked online and also spoke to an instructor today, they both say 450-800 calories - i just depends on how hard you are going at it :)
  • Beth720
    Beth720 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    The best way to come close to knowing what you're burning is to invest in a heart rate monitor and wear it. What each individual burns will vary depending on a number of factors. I never use the "database" on here for exercise because that's generally WAY off from my HRM.
  • redradiolady
    redradiolady Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Regualr kickboxing can burn 700 calories because f the intensity and cardio workout. To answer your question, no that is not too much. :)

Does anyone recommend great diets foods? I am having trouble staying on track :(
  • nikkijane14
    Options
    Piloxing burns approximately 700-900 sweaty calories, but to be specific to your body workout with a heart rate monitor watch that has the chest strap to track your heart rate.
  • FullOfWin
    FullOfWin Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    Regualr kickboxing can burn 700 calories because f the intensity and cardio workout. To answer your question, no that is not too much. :)

Does anyone recommend great diets foods? I am having trouble staying on track :(

Regular solid whole foods.
  • jennik2558
    jennik2558 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just did my first poloxing class and it was a continuos workout for 60 mins. I looked up the calories too and Readers Digest said up to 800 calories per session.
  • ellaloveslove
    ellaloveslove Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I'm officially youtubing this now!
  • anemoneprose
    anemoneprose Posts: 1,805 Member
    Options
    kickboxing, pilates and some ballet moves

whaaaat

their website says it's this: "the latest Hollywood Celebrity fitness craze" and i believe them.
  • suzyclaytonjones
    Options
    im a freelance group fitness instructor and teach piloxing

the 'schpiel' says its 400-800 cals in an hour!!

its around 450 for a good sweat on but the best way is to wear a heart rate monitor - doesnt get more accurate than that

600-800 is pushing it - see it as an advertising ploy that people go oooooooooooooooooh where its almost impossible without actually passing out to work at that intensity in the piloxing program - its interval training

boxing - pilates - dance based

for 800 cals plus HIIT best option
  • aajd90
    aajd90 Posts: 1
    Options
    I am not sure with the calorie burn either since I do not have a heart rate monitor. I bought a basic piloxing dvd that is one hour. I just logged in 30 minutes boxing and 30 minutes pilates... but I'm not sure if it's accurate. I would rather estimate low than high so I don't over eat my calories.
  • ModernNerd
    ModernNerd Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Piloxing? Pilates boxing?

I vote we start squahooladeling. Squats + hulla hooping + yodeling. Dem gainzzz...
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    Piloxing? Pilates boxing?

I vote we start squahooladeling. Squats + hulla hooping + yodeling. Dem gainzzz...
    combine that with banging that cauliflower out into pizza dough and watch the musclezz pile on!
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    I just did it today, and it keeps my interest !